Dave's Music #29 Heartbreak Boulevard


I had this great old playlist built around Eilen Jewel's Heartbreak Boulevard and I thought for Valentine's Day Weekend we would dust it off and re-imagine it; so here we go.

1) Heartbreak Boulevard - Eilen Jewel

Wow was I so excited to see this woman I forgot about in Bandcamp, definitely will be buying more music from her again.  Enjoy this song from 2007 and remember the blog mission good #MusicHasNOExpirationDate.


2) Hurtin' for a Letdown - The Whitmore Sisters

Maybe this will become of your favorite playlists too, if so you might be addicted to heartache?

Now I could tell that you are just my type
Deeply unavailable is my plight
If I never cross your mind
Well that suits me just fine
I’m addicted to the heartache, I don’t want to do what’s right

I'm so looking forward to seeing these two sisters when their midwest tour brings them through LaCrosse.


3) I'm on Movin' On - Rosanne Cash

The was from the list that her dad gave her, and he was right.


4) Answer - Natalie Gelman

Promises never meant to keep, dang I would never let myself disappoint this friend.

Love took my heart before it wandered off to find
Something prettier and lovelier then what it left behind
It didn’t mean to break me, that’s just its design
Love took my heart before it up and left me blind


5) I Still Miss Someone - Nanci Griffith

I'm heartbroken because I still miss Nanci.


6) Oh My Poison - Shakey Graves 

Sad isn't so supposed to have such a good groove like this.  Shakey at his finest.


7) Heartbroke - Steve Earle & the Dukes

This is on the GUY release which a heartache in another form too.  I miss Guy Clarke writing.


8) Lovesick - Carsie Blanton

While I think I might own everything of Carsie's for some reason this older song and "Ain't so Green" isn't in her library anymore?  I'm pumped to know I'm going to see her live for the first time at the Moccasin Creek Festival this year.  I did find her doing the song live outside.


9) I Like you Better - Sofia Talvik

Yep, she's one of this blog's favorite, but you can't beat this scorn in perfect prose.

It's been a while since I heard from you
I guess I could've called but then again so could've you
At least this settles that

I heard you met a nice girl
And that she's pretty too
I bet she knows her bible
Says I'll pray for you
All you'd ever want

With me it's same old
I'm on the road again
Making money singing songs about my old boyfriends
So I guess this one will do
I liked you better when I thought I loved you



10) I Don't Want to Talk About It - Courtney Yasmineh

Courtney and I recently were talking about a possible house concert, and she sent me a bandcamp link (you think she read's my blog?) and wow I fell in love with her cover CD.  I'm sure I'll feast on her originals too along the line; until then I'll enjoy some awesome covers.


11) Broken Hearts and Love Letters - Erik Koskinen

Another blog favorite, and I got lucky to find an awesome video.


12) Come on Back, Break my Heart one more time - The Sapsuckers

Ah perfect this song HAD to be included, they lay right die an die for you, over and over.


13) Icy Blue Heart - John Hiatt

This haunting song is a favorite of mine from both John and an awesome cover by Emmy Lou Harris.  (who melts my heart)  While my playlist has the studio version, I found this great live version from Austin City Limits.


14) Wrong Kind of Love - Annie Rost

Here's a new digital friend that I'm looking forward to buying more of her music in Bandcamp.  I think she's the right kind of music to love.


15) Lookin' for a Heartache Like You - Buddy Miller 

Another Emmy Lou connection, Buddy was Emmy's long time guitarist and he's an awesome musician.  I have the cut from Cruel Moon release, but I found this one in his Bandcamp page, I'll probably buy this some day.  


16) Lanie's Song - Krista Shows

"My heart aches every single day"... oh this song was an extra addition, but it's a new favorite.  Why are painful songs so much more fun to listen to than happy ones?  Great song.


I'll leave you with the cd covers from the songs.




Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!