The idea of this playlist started after listening to Ryan Noir at the Moccasin Creek Festival sing Phonographic Memory. I immediately bought the vinyl he had released the song on. It's very much the same as his live version so that's what you get in this playlist since he's not on Bandcamp.
I had so many of these songs on the top of my head and couldn't believe I hadn't share this yet.
Yes my search of the library found two stories that had records in the title, one from our house concert, and one from a guy who's played our house concert. I put them both up in YouTube so you can hear it like I do. No that I said that, I did put in the video two versions of "Nine Inch Nails" because the unreleased song that I have in my library was ripped from a radio show that was hosting Ridley Bent, Dustin Bentall, and Kendal Carson. Anyone who has read my blog knows I count Kendal in the list of woman fiddlers that I absolutely love. Now why and how I found that show is a mystery, but the sound file is awesome and someday I just might upload it for everyone to hear. So for now, I share a version by each of the co-writers.
Now I want to share this quick (can you believe I'm going record shopping soon) so here's the
YouTube Playlist.
I do want to be fair and give a quick shout out to each song.
1) SHEL... all time favorite, the video is so much fun.
2) Todd Snider ... ok another favorite that I've struggle covering because he sings the titles so fast. I have many of the same but I don't have "Piles, and piles of Tom Petty"
3) Eddie Allen's story of throwing away his records is so much fun.
4 & 5) Nine Inch Nails, I have covered this one 16 years ago, sad love affair song.
6) Ryan's song is great love affair song.
7) The Nude Party song came up once while I working with Ocooch Moutain Radio, I bought it right away.
8) John Hartford has way too much fun on this song.
9) Adeem has the saddest most beautiful story song on the playlist.
10) Chicago Farmer should sell more than 6 records.
11) Corrine's song was offer on a Reddit thread and I really loved the groove so I bought it.
12) Weezer's song was a Reddit suggestions too, and I didn't own any Weezer; plus it was a great song.
13) & 14) Taylor slips in cleaning off a vinyl shelf and the girl with a huge James Taylor record collection. Subtle but she writes like she's been there.
15) Old Dan's Records was fun to import from the backroom vinyl.
16) I end it with a video of Tom Cruise in his underwear.
Next steps:
- Stop over to the
Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "
Theme Page."
If you use Facebook,
we have a page "Like" us there and it will help you remember to read the next post
You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause. If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to. Here's a Paypal donate button
#MusicHasNoExpirationDate #bestunknownmusicblog #digitallibrary #curatedplaylist #compilations #youtubeplaylist