Edition #03 Evening Machines

When you have a show to highlight CD's why not play one nominated for a Grammy.  I've always loved The Stable Song after SHEL acappella version in an encore song.  Gregory Alan Isakov is a wonderful introspective writer.  I picked the more up beat songs to share.


Of course the playlist started with a rare cut of Dylan off of his Biograph collection.  It'll show up again with the covers I have collected of the song.  I did share some of my favorites old songs, like Jennifer Warnes cover of Leonard Cohen's "First we take Manhattan" with Stevie Ray Vaughn on lead guitar, the Trishas, a nod to the late Jimmy LaFave, and a live cut from Allison's Satttinger's Bluff View House Concert from 2011.  

For Parker's "Cosmic Americana" line, I also added Michael Murphy's "Cosmic Cowboy"


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!