Edition #7 Cut to the Bone

I follow Sofia Talvik who played my house concert a year ago.  A wonderful Joan Baez singer with a Swedish / Americana / Country twist to her music. She had posted that she had traction in the Americana Highways listener survey for best CD.  So I thought, who won?  Renee Wahl and the Sworn Secrets did, and I thought why not buy some of her music and share it.  She's good.

You could Spotify her, but why not listen to the show on Ocooch Mtn Radio and get a feel for the cd and then go BUY IT.. crazy isn't it... actually pay a musician for putting their life and blood into their music instead of giving them a tenth of a cent to listen to each song on Spotify. (I will post to this page my proposal to make Spotify fair soon on this blog)


Now the song list is pretty cool too.  

We start off with the best Dylan cover off of "A Nod to Bob".. such life to a song that would have likely been ignored if it wasn't for Hendrix.  Charlie Parr's "Stealing a Sailboat" is hilarious, almost as good as listening to him do it live.  Black Lung and Bonita are recent new discoveries for me.  Nici, Luke and Merry Weathers will be playing at our house concert series.   I end it with a few blues songs including one I use as part of my intro tracks... I thought I should have the whole song in the library.


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!