DBT - Andy Allo "One Step Closer"

Ever since Parker said "Sure you can have a show to highlight music" I've been really rediscovering my library in vinyl, CDs, and digital downloads.  I truly am thankful, and the Ocooch Mountain Radio library has been filled with a lot more variety.  It plays all types of music though Americana is most of the airplay and it's programed to find the songs we label in the genre area.  Now some songs hit Bluegrass, Americana, Local, and even Gospel, and we can give it multiple labels.  What I'd really like to know what label this new (older release from 2017) music to me from Andy Allo should be labeled.  She has a pop intuition since she played in Prince's band for a few years, but this EP has an acoustic feel; and her reimagining of Johnny Cash's "Man in Black" has become one of my favorite new songs.  Plus she admits to being a big country music fan; and her Music Mondays on Facebook are incredibly stripped down to her voice and acoustic guitar.  (I could listen all every day to these and not just on Monday!)


The show as normal starts off with a Dylan cover, and this week sit back and enjoy a great rendition of "Desolation Row" which has been on my mind since the pandemic has taken hold.  I even penned up another Dylan parody called "Isolation Row" though it's too sad for me to invest time to record it.

Andy's music style does remind me a little of my friend from MySpace days, Samantha Farrell, so I had to put a couple of my favorite tracks from her in the show, including the infamous Shake that became a favorite by all of Lori's Day Care Kids, and covered by Rose River in our hay days.

  Eli Gardener, Jake Shane, Michelle Lewis, Jack Marion, and Amanda Pascali are all new voices (and now friends) that I found through the Great River Folk Fest Songwriter Contest.  Amanda has already had a feature show, I can see the others too; I just need to buy more music.  Read more about the songs being submitted in their highlight blog.  Six more weeks, I'm really curious who else I'll be discovering.

End the show with a throw back to my youth with Dave Mason, and one of my favorite songs to cover too.



As usual we're available to listen Ocooch on line or on a free fancy app that you can take anywhere (Android & Apple Stores) Here's the online link : http://ocooch.creek.fm/shows

Here are is the 24/7 line-up.


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!