DBT - Michelle Lewis "All That's Left"



If Andy Allo may be a pipe dream for House Concert, this week's feature Michelle Lewis is more likely. A wonderful voice from Boston.. and her cd featured had an awesome cover of Bruce's Dancing in the Dark and many love songs. I discovered her through the Great River Folk Fest Songwriter Contest when she submitted "Scars", it was a great sad yet frank optimistic life story about her Grandma. I bought the cd on free charge Bandcamp day July 3rd. Her CD brought out my romantic side so this playlist has my favorite Prine love song sung with Bonnie Raitt for harmonies, Harry Chapin's Empty from a vinyl that brought me to tears in my teens, and my classic Boz Scaggs favorite. Of course the show has to start with a Dylan cover... give it up for the late Jimmy LaFave. Get the tissues out especially if you listen close to the words on Scars. Many new voices to me like Kaia Kater, Haley Heyderickx, Amber Rubarth, and Jeffery Straker (all bought on Free Friday) and some friends like Humbird's new release with her great trio, Michael James with Goldish (that rare meeting in Boulder CO) and Lissa Schneckenburger (who I consider a friend thru electronic means- meaning she answers my comments yikes.. lol). Of course I could go on and on, if anyone has questions, drop them in the comments.


If this your first time here, Ocooch is an internet based radio available worldwide on the web or a free smart phone app on Apple or Android stores. Take them everywhere.. the songs I play end up in the library for random play. This is only played live so it's appointment music but after the music played the songs are in the library and will be randomly played... so make Ocooch a companion... it's pays all their BMI and ASCAP licenses.. just for you.




The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!