Thank you 2020 - Top 150 songs

 


I know I haven't kept up this blog for all the shows, and that I'm sorry for but your can catch up with prior shows at our FB Events page. I would have needed much more comments and traffic to keep it up.  That said it's a great place to document the year gone by.  2020 in the rear view mirror is good thing. Yes it was a slap in the face, but the shock and the time afforded to reach out and listen to music were a weird blessing.  I truly don't know how reviewers have enough time to truly listen to all the new music released.  My year included 3,800 songs added to my digital library in addition or from vinyls I've bought. When I went to reflect on what I was thankful for, 100 songs came easy, but then I reflected on what I missed so I went back to add another 50 songs, still only 4% of the new songs in the library and EIGHT hours of music.  Probably 95% of these songs have been added to the Ocooch Mountain Radio library, and featured on Dave's Basement Tracks.  I thought the list needed a little shout out as to why.  Well that was fun! Here's to more music in 2021 and getting back to seeing more live music.  

Many musicians came from our Great River Folk Fest Songwriter contest, enjoy their submissions on the YouTube playlist or listen to just the finalists playlist or listen to why I ended making friends with them all after our conversations.

I would love to tag everyone in this list, but it's so many.  Thank you all for making 2020 bearable and music filled.  Rest in Peace Charlie Daniels, Jerry Jeff Walker, Justin Townes Earle, and of course John Prine, your music filled my life for many years and you will not be forgotten.

These might be a little hard to read .. download and print them out; then go buy their music.

Here's the list in no particular order.























The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!