Dave's Music #18 Paint Me in Love

 As our blog expresses "Good Music Doesn't have an Expiration Date", any playlist I have created in the past would be both perfect and a great time for me to rekindle a passion for the songs.  So why not pick the one I called, "Paint Me in Love" created in 2009.  I'm notorious for having crushes on Actresses and Musicians; just go look up my songs I wrote for Lady Mary in Downton Abbey.  Plus I wrote a song with that title.  Don't worry I'm as harmless and dedicated like an old hound dog and have been faithful to Lori since 1978 when we started dating.

As I starting writing this I do wonder what I might find in either Bandcamp or YouTube; but here's the path I'm on:



1) Lady Luck - Samantha Farrell  I remember when Sam released this, she knew of my love of her song, "Shake" and told me she knew I would love this song.  She was right!


2) It's a Good Day - The Belleville Outfit  This little group didn't last a long time, but I really always loved their lead singer Phoebe Hunt.  Now after they broke up she did a few solo gigs, I ended up seeing her at the Pump House.  Wow a solo fiddle player kept us captivated all night.


3) Water in the Ground - Catherine MacLellan  While Catherine is in Bandcamp this older release hasn't been posted.  I'll have to see about buying some of her new stuff as she comes back to the front of my memory banks.   Of course when I check in YouTube, boom MusicFog.com was the first.  Knowing how I found music back then, this was likely how I found Catherine, and quickly fell in love with anyone who can rock flannel like that; why not she's Canadien too.


4) Incognito - Jennifer Logue Another artist I don't remember how I was introduced to her music, and she too is out in Bandcamp, and while this older cut is only on YouTube the Remix she recently put out is truly a fun version that I bought for contrast today.


Great video, and what my library song sounds like:


5) Gay or Taken - Jenn Bostic  While I don't remember again how we met, I almost met Jenn a few times but have missed her local house concert and other gigs in the area.  This song will be requested if I do end up seeing her.  You could probably find better sound quality of the song on YouTube, but you can't beat a tour bus video. Plus don't you want to pinch her dimple in that cheek.. ha.


6) Oh Baby Lie Down - Kendel Carson   This seductive song was from Kendel's period of being produced by Chip Taylor (Wild Thing) I've been following Kendel from I first found her playing in The Paperboys videos.  I found her in a future buy I'll make in Bandcamp, but until I add that to a future blog post, you'll have to watch her.  I know guys, tough job.


7) Under This Yellow Sun - Tori Sparks   I'm pretty sure MySpace was in the middle of finding Tori, and we did have a booking with her for a house concert that fell through because she came down with laryngitis.  She now pretty much stays in Spain, and seems to love every minute of it.


8) Mama - Rose Reiter.  Rose is a person that has gone in and out of my digital world since back from 2008.  She is one talented lady as a producer, writer and boy can she sing.  I did find she had a limited library of cuts in bandcamp from 2011, and I'll feast on them for future blogs.  Until then here's one of those YouTube song videos:


9) Heather Down Road - Norah Rendell & Brian Miller  This wonderful wedded couple has played my house concert a few times, and as Brian told me once, "Everyone loves Norah"  Why not, her talent and her positive outlook on life is infectious.  She heads up the Irish Traditional Music Center in St. Paul and has won many Celtic awards for best singer.   Her solo cd is out in Bandcamp  I could only find the original writer and a friend of Norah's version of the song available.  It is out in Spotify, but I refuse to give them any love; you could buy it on Amazon here.


10) Harmony - Lissa Schneckenburger  Readers of recent blog post will know about Lissa and my love of her and her music.  Such a beautiful fiddler and mom living in Vermont.  She made it to Madison once, but alas work day; now with retirement I'm looking forward to seeing her play music live someday.


11) Pale Moon - Kristin Andreassen  Yep, she was part of Sometymes Why, and is in this video with Aiofe O'Dononvan.  


12) Oh Life - Allison Sattinger   Sadly this angel isn't putting out music any more and I can not find a good link for this song.  Funny if I was going to do a top 10 of Allison songs, I don't know if this one would make it, so let's put the promo video that I made for her mid-week stop at the Bluff View House concert series. 


Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!