Dave's Music #24 Morning Mojo

Morning Mojo was a name of a playlist I listened to back a few years back, we're going to dust it off and wake up with a little coffee, maybe at the diner with bacon & eggs or a frittata, groove to a little music in the kitchen and maybe have some more & more coffee.  Enjoy.



1) Kapuskasing Coffee - Justin Rutledge

I can't remember why I bought this song in iTunes in 2014, but when it came up in my research I immediately listened to it another 4 times, and now it's over 30 listens.  So in Spotify he would have earned $.025 from me by now, and with inflation he's likely to to $2.00 from me.  Now that I rediscovered this 2013 Juno winner (likely that's how I found him)  in Bandcamp I'll buy some more from him.


Video added for Tune Tuesday 




2) Sunny Side Cafe - Davie Gayle

"Wise crackin with the waitress" I resemble that remark.  This one was bought back in 2009 in iTunes and again I can't remember why; but I'm wondering where she is now... last post on her FB page is in 2013.


3) Bacon & Eggs - Corn Potato Stringband

These people I know how I met, this Detroit string band pitched the Great River Folk Fest, they sent me music and I bought some of their others... served with love, and devoured with joy.


4) Waffle House - Dave Wilcox

I did get a chance to meet the guy I have followed a long, long time when he play the fest.  This is always one of my favorite.  I was tempted to share a few of the live versions, but nothing beats the studio version that I bought from iTunes.  Now some of you might say "Dave this is a night song?" to which I would reply "and someone's morning...."


5) Coffee & Wine - Chadwick Stokes

I believe my son turned me on to him and I know so little of him that I added the video for me as much of you..... now go unlock your daughters... ride like you stole it, especially after you wake up in the morning and you are disoriented.




Let's pause for a nod to your favorite barista...


You’re behind the counter,
And you have no choice
So you’re instinctively pure
And use a pleasant voice.

I’m on the other side and coy
Yes I know what I want
And besides you, oh boy
Cup of soup and croissant.

This coffee dance goes on
From sea to shiny sea.
Coffeehouse’s best patrons
Are lovers who inside plea

For more intensity than
Caffeine.

© 2013 Dave Schipper Rose Riversongs.
This is from my prose blog, and there are about 12 pieces with coffee referenced.
The below photo is by Anna at my favorite Coffeehouse in Winona, The Blue Heron.


6) Coffeehouse - Evie Ladin

Evie who I hosted her husband in a very unique and percussive house concert that I needed to arrange the room in a round AND bring in a sheet of plywood to have them be able to dance.  I do love how their love for percussive sounds show up in this song.  Definitely helps the morning mojo get working.


Video added during Tune Tuesday update.


7) Caffeine - Abbie Gardner 

Yes this song is for us none morning people.  Abbie is a wonderful dobro player, though this one doesn't have her playing it.  She has a limited library in Bandcamp,   There is one of those sterile listening videos, but I think you all should give this house concert video some love, only 18 views.


8) Waffle House - Jane Kramer

I found Jane on a compilation CD, and when I dug into more I needed to buy her music direct from her; and why not, I have big boy pants and can buy music direct. (Ok listen to the song to understand that remark)  She likes her serving of hot sauce with eggs on top; this woman has my attention and you have your second morning stop at the Waffle House.


9) Another Cup of Coffee - Calexico with Roger McGuinn

Released in the movie soundtrack for I'm Not There, this is one of my most favorite Dylan covers, and it truly is one more cup of coffee before we go to the last song.


10) Oh My My - Jill Barber

This song will tie the mojo of all that java juice together for the rest of the day.  The get you dancing out of the kitchen, car, or train and have it stick in you head the rest of your day.  I'm so glad it's out in Bandcamp, because I believe I bought it in Apple.  EVERYONE should own this song.


And it deserves you adding to the 331,000 views this video has had already.


And of course I wondered how she would do this song live, here you go!


An update during Tune Tuesday... a one click You Tube playlist.


Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!