Dave's Music #27 Angeline


I was listening to a brand new cd released by a friend Jack Ringhand who grew up in Onalaska, but now lives in Dunedin, New Zealand.  The band's name is appropriately Tall Folk and they describe themselves at:

Lara is from a long line of long legs. Jack is an extension of generations of long necks. Together, with their long limbs and swirling harmonies, they are Tall Folk. Lyrically-driven and harmonically givin', Tall Folk aim to elevate the good in these times. 

So I heard their song Angelina and reached to mark it with a "Heart" to revisit it later, and it dawned on me... I bet I have a bunch of songs about Angeline or Angelina.  I found 7 and then went to Bandcamp and Apple music and bought a few more to make it to 10!  And then why not crank it to ELEVEN!

1) Farewell Angelina - Joan Baez

Hey our playlist if possible start off with a Dylan Cover, and this version is really better than Dylan's. You got to love the wacky late 60's version of a cool video.  Glad for it though, I bought this one in Apple.  I did look, we have about 7 vinyls of Joan but none with this song.


2) Angelina - The Pearls

What a find in a Bandcamp search!  I don't think this Vancouver band is still together, and I might come back to buy the rest of the CD.  Everything about the song I love, the groove, horns, accordion, a few lead riffs, a snare and an a cappella ending.  I'm sucker for a sad song.

ANGELINA YOU'VE STOLEN MY HEART
JUST BY THE WAY THAT YOU MOVE
MADE ME WANT YOU MUCH MORE THAN I SHOULD
NOW I'M ALL ALONE AND YOU'RE GONE FOR GOOD


3) Angeline - James McMurtry

This was the first song I thought of; the Too Long in the Wasteland was one that I wore out the vinyl.  James has one song on Bandcamp from the LP  Not sure what the origin of the video here is about, but the song is the studio version and it's at least a montage of pictures.


4) The Walk of Angeline - Phoebe Hunt

Dang I was lucky, she's in Bandcamp, but not this song.  So wow, here's an awesome video.


5) Angelina - Tall Folk 

Where this blog started, here you go... it's a great song.


FLASHBACK Friday update... cool they posted a video of this song:



6) Sweet Angelina - Adam Brown

Wow... this song was added to my library back in 2006.  I kind of feel lucky I found it in YouTube, and while there are three Adam Brown's in Bandcamp I can't tell of any of them is this person.  I'm just going to call myself lucky that I have the song in my library.


7) Angeline - Romi Mayes 

This song has a Mary Gauthier sound, my iTunes song died on me because it was under an old account that I lost the password too and the email is defunct.  Lucky I could buy it again over in Bandcamp.


8) Angelina - Bob Dylan 

His second song in the list.  I love to listening to Bob's poetry in this song.  Can you believe it had to have life only as a bootleg release?


9) Angelina - Harry Belanfonte

I did a search in Apple Music and when I found it, I had to buy it. What a blast from the past! Stay until the end and sing it a little softer... classic.  FF update.. that video was taken off and I replaced it with a safer audio video.. sorry, it was a good fan one.



10) Angelina Baker - Whiskey Shivers

My wife recommended this song, and I found a great version on Bandcamp, I get the shivers just listening to them and reach for a beer. (sorry I love whiskey but can't write a blog and drink scotch for too long.)


FF UPDATE... Added a Video... boy these guys look fun:


11) Angelina - Lucid Van Guard

Another find through a search in Bandcamp, I so love the variety of the music in this playlist.

angelina will you call me while you're away
cabin fever and a dial tone driving me crazy
i'm but a dreamer, i'll exalt all my faith
common belief is you're the child that god couldn't tame


FF UPDATE - Oh I love the White Wall Sessions and they had a video of this song:



UPDATE since this was originally published.  I did break out of a writing slump thanks to this playlist and a search on "Argentine Family fled" landed me on this article about Sasha Pisterman.   Click on the photo to take yourself to my prose site, Zeman's Musings.  It was the pen name I used for many years, my great grandfather's name; and a tie in to my gypsy Bohemian lifeline.  Probably should add that both the stock photo and the lines came together.  I would follow this woman around until she at least talked to me.  Ha.






YES for Flashback Friday I like to revisit the old posts and add a ONE Click YouTube playlist.  Just click the picture and you should be taken there.


Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!