Dave's Music #30 The Heart of Love



Here's my valentine of love, Dave's style; eclectic, charming, retro, updated, harmonies, duet, and maybe even a funny song.  Of course the title is a take off "The Heart of Life" the John Mayer song that my flutist friend (Shelly Pederson) and I covered in a wedding instrumentally.  The request for the song made me a lifelong lover of John's music.

So let's go:

1) Faithless Love - JD Souther

No one can write a better love song that last forever than the master JD Souther.  I could have picked the one he co-wrote with the Eagles "The Best of my Love" but this song that Linda made famous he re-recorded recently.  It's precious.

I could share one of those audio videos, but thanks to some fan taking a video in concert I give you :


2) Real Love Potion - Front Country

Dang pandemic stopped me from seeing this great group to headline the GRFF, but they still have a fan for life.


3) Bozo's in Love Again - Greg Brown

Oh this song is a fabric of my life.  I fall in love with the next pretty eyes I meet.  Say something nice, give me a flirting smile and I'm gone.  Dang good thing I'm as loyal as a hound dog, so I'm as harmless as clown, like a Bozo the clown.


4) In Love Again - Michelle Lewis

What a charming loving song of likely married lovers... this is true harmony, so well written by Michelle and I love the duet.

My old gal she’s got a list for me a mile long
No matter how I try I always seem to get it wrong
She rolls her eyes at me sometimes when we’re out with our friends
Tell me why am I in love again?

My old man he don’t remember a single word I say
I can’t seem to ever get his help in any way
When he starts tellin’ dad jokes, God, it’s so embarrassing
Tell me why am I in love again?

The things that drive us mad can sometimes keep us up at night
But they don’t seem so bad when we hold each other tight
Anywhere you’re going I want to go there, too
If we did it all again, guess I’d still fall in love with you



5) My Sweet Lord - George Harrison

This song is staying in my love blog mainly because I imported it from somewhere and incorrectly labeled it My Sweet Love.  We all love George, so Let it Be he loves his Lord. Plus this video is AWESOME.



6) Ain't no Cure for Love - Jennifer Warnes

There isn't a better interpreter of Leonard's music than Jennifer.  Finding this video now means I'm subscribed to the Romantic Tunes channel, could be worse for an old gypsy like me.


7) To Make you Feel My Love - Steve Poltz

Right Dylan covers normally get the first spot, but I can the bend the rules for the classic stalker love song.  I did a parody of the song, but don't get me wrong... Dylan wrote an a perfect love song, IF the feeling is reciprocated.


8) Love is a Rose - Krista Shows

A friend of this blog David Enge turned me on to this sultry voiced lady from Mississippi, here's her cover a classic.


9) The Heart of Life - John Mayer

I am compelled once a blog post to note that Good Music Has No Expiration Date... I give you:


10) Heartbeat - Jillian Rae

There are some people and songs that need both the Bandcamp link and the video.

First the BC link (now go buy it, she's a precious friend)


And the video means much more to me after we talked after I hosted her and Eric for a house concert... enjoy the meat of the heart of love.  Enjoy this Valentine with just a touch of Halloween.  Got to love Jillian, and I do, and she's lucky at darts.


11) Take Me to Heart - The Neville Brothers

Ahhhh. Joyous.


12) Heart and Bones - The Pines

Again, a lucky house concert host of these two.  I miss them putting out new music together, some day again I hope.  Benson Ramsey on the lead of this song is definitely a Bob Dylan voice to bring to the next generation.


13) Love and Happiness - Mark Knopfler and Emmy Lou Harris

You will get a regular dose of both of these performers, and while I would never use Hero lightly or ever, these two come close.


14) Love 4000 - Surge and the Swell

When I listened to the podcast put out by Adventures in Americana, I knew I would be buying this song and sharing it someday... it didn't take long.  I'm a sucker for romance, and why not one 3,994 miles apart.

I start my dreams you start your day
This is, love 4000 miles away
Three thousand nine hundred and ninety four
Is a little more precise


15) I Don't Like Half the Folks I Love - Paul Thorn

Truly the heart of love is loving people you don't like.  Paul has a funny twist to it, but I do wish more people would take this to heart; the world would be less divided and we might smile a few more times.  Egad another Music Fog video... they were the best, I miss their bus videos.


Happy Valentines Day... or whatever day you have just watched this... enjoy and I sure you get to hug someone who will let you. Here is the CD covers...




Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!