Dave's Music #35 Clowns


What started as a fun way to remember the football game in Jacksonville where the fans said "let's get back at the owner and dress up like clowns." The team fooled them and actually won the game... Ha, but meanwhile the playlist was started.  I did go and search out a few more gems and now, here's to the Clowns, let there be Clowns, and oh yeah SEND in the Clowns.

1) Send in the Clowns - Judy Collins

Of course I have this on vinyl but I was so happy to find it in Bandcamp.  For a $1 it saved me 15 minutes on importing the vinyl.  She's got a favorites CD out there; we'll see what other songs I'll buy again in the future.  Let's get this out of the way because once every post I need to remind you that good music has NO expiration date, it hangs around as fresh as when it was record... just for you to taste it again or for the first time.


For Tune Tuesday after Halloween I revisited this post, sure you must have seen clowns yesterday; I sent them out...


2) Clown Collector - The Cactus Blossoms

This cut is from the brothers first release, all of them will knock your socks off and put them on your nose like you are a clown she'll lead around.

You’re an actor, she’s the director
She’s a clown collector
You’re the movie, she’s the projector
She’s a clown collector

If you can imagine a reboot of the Everly Brothers, close your eye and listen to this.


Tune Tuesday update: Found this great duo video of the song, just had to update the blog:


3) Clown - Sofia Talvik

Sofia paints a circus scene quickly to come back to how you are acting like a clown.

I can hear you talking
But the words don’t make 
no sense to me
You are going backwards
and twisting me around
’Cause I don’t see any circus tents
this town is low on such events
Why are you acting a clown
there’s no circus in town

Of course I love Bandcamp and own everything this wonderful folk singer has released.


Tune Tuesday update: Isn't this 2008 video great?


4) Clowns - Chris Webb

This song came from a Bandcamp search, and liked the sound of it.  "Some of us are clowns", I believe I was one that settled down.  Such a good sound with the harmonica this is a gentle reminder life keeps going on.  I believe I'll be back to buy more of him in the future.


5) Clowns - The Ring a Ding Bros.

Ha... just your circus interlude.  While you could get this for free, I tossed them a $1 for it since they are good boys from MN.


6) A Circus of Clowns - Danny Schmidt

The crowd had gotten weary -- it was time the clowns should leave But the clowns all played a desperate game of hide without the seek But they were easily discovered in the shadows where they hid Cause every clown was pointing out the clown right next to him Let’s load em up in circus trucks and drive them out of town. It’s not that they are bad, per se -- it’s just that clowns are clowns

From silly to serious songwriting, Danny paints such a painting of a circus.


Added for Tune Tuesday update:  Here's a great live video from Danny solo.


7) Clown Car - Daniel Elixir

I met Daniel through the Great River Folk Fest Songwriter contest, very talented and innovative writer, not to be classified as a boring sensitive writer; here's he's got a lot of words stuffed into this clown car.


8) Bandy the Rodeo Clown - Moe Bandy

Who was riding high until a little girl brought him down...Bandy the Rodeo Clown.   Who bought this because of the Playlist... ME!


Added for Tune Tuesday update:


9) Class Clown - George Carlin

I could recite this LP almost both complete sides, so I guess that's how I got started having a weird sense of humor.


Part 2


10) Crazy Clown Time - David Lynch

Yes I have this song in my library from my days of having a Paste Magazine subscription.  I wouldn't have included this, but to watch the video is intense.


11) Town Clown - Kelsey Waldon

This song might have really pushed me to add to the playlist and finish my 10+ song lists. I followed Kelsey way back in the MySpace days, just to prove it here she was July 1 2009 in the old The Zemmy Show!



When I rediscovered her now as a featured artist on Oh Boy Records, I said "Oh Boy I better get me some of that sunshine music again."  This one was on the cd I bought, and it reinforced me finishing the playlist.  Plus I still think she's cute, AND successful.


Tune Tuesday Update:  No wonder John hand picked her for the label. 


Yes.. now the post has a one click playlist in YouTube for you to devour some clown love: (all but three songs)



Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp



The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!