Dave's Music #47 Let me be lonely

 


A song list inspired by a new artist for me, Sam Outlaw.  I'm actually not sure where I ran into him, but I decided to buy his song Lonely Man.   I've been a writer for a long time, and you can always browse my prose at my Zeman's Musing site, while it hasn't had a lot of posts lately it has over 200 posts going back to 2008.  Loneliness is always so refreshing to write about, and it's also nothing to be feared.  I actually find it's peaceful to be lonely for five or ten minutes, and then rejoin the world.  So many songs, so we'll keep it to an even dozen.

1) No Friend of Mine - My One and Only (Recently changed their name to Goldpine)

At least I told these two face to face they should get their music on bandcamp in addition to all those stinking streaming services that don't pay them squat.  They are wonderful, and before I added the song to the list, I made sure they had a video out on the song.  I did BUY their music when I saw them live.


2) Lonely Ain't Easy - American Aquarium

Speaking of 2008 above, that's when this song came out; and I bought it last year.  Remember good music doesn't have an expiration date, it just sits on the shelf waiting to be discovered and loved again.


3) Lonely Man - Sam Outlaw

We go from a 2008 release to one from March 18, 2022 that's what I'm here for.  A touch country, but this guy's voice is a touch like Randy Travis with a higher cadence.  We are who are, how true.


4) Speed of Loneliness - John Prine

German Afternoons, the vinyl I bought in 1990 and then had to buy the CD because it had bonus track of "Let's Talk Dirty in Hawiaan"

So what in the world's come over you
And what in heaven's name have you done
You've broken the speed of the sound of loneliness
You're out there running just to be on the run


5) Lonely Heart - The Cactus Blossoms

We keep time traveling back and then forth to today, this gem was release in Feb 2022 but it already sounds old.


6) Everybody's Lonely - Harry Chapin

While I don't ever remember shedding a tear for Marcia when I had a crush on her in high school, but this was one of the songs I listened to over and over thinking about her.  Many audio videos out there for this 1972 song off his Taxi vinyl, I liked the one with pictures by a fan.


7) Never Be Lonely - Natalie Gelman

I'm not sure what inspired for Natalie to release this cover, but it's a rich song of percussive textures, piano, and harmonies supplied by Natalie I assume.  (She is a gifted and degreed opera singer)  I'd love to be by Natalie's side, but could I keep up?  Brett her hubby does a pretty good job at that... probably should make a video of this song.


8) I Never Thought I'd be Lonely - Miss Tess & Thomas Bryon Eaton

It happens sometimes when you have to thank the pandemic for slowing down artist and letting them make a cd release that they would have made without it.  Miss Tess and Thomas were doing outstanding live streams during the pandemic and everyone asked for them to make these songs available.  Now this is the way I wish they toured all the time.  Both have incredible chops on those antique guitars.


9) She Only Loves Me When She's Lonely - Mandy Rowden

Guys I think Mandy is straight, but I believe there is a pup that visits her sometimes.  After I posted this Mandy told me it's a feral cat named Dale Evans.  Love it.


10) Lonely Are The Brave- Kieran Kane & Rayna Gellert

Just a lonely song texture with a sad fiddle, gentle and beautiful harmonies.


11) It's Lonely at the Bottom - The Sapsuckers

The Sapsuckers can make this sad scenario fun and put a smile on your face.


12) You're Only Lonely - JD Souther

He's my go to for lonely and love songs that never fade with age.  Though he improved the recording mix with the most recent release, Natural History.... I highly recommend it.


Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!