Dave's Music #48 Lost


My sister in law Kim mentioned I missed Luckenbach Texas for the playlist about musicians, and it got me sorting the library and I ran into "Looking for Luckenbach" by a lady I met in MySpace and she shared with me her music, and then she died suddenly.  I do love Audrey Auld Mezera's music she died at 51 in 2015.  So her song about being lost, brings the inspiration for this playlist.

1) Looking for Luckenbach - Audrey Auld

I did hear from a story Todd Snider tells, it's hard to find Luckenbach.


2) Prone to Wander - Krista Shows

Just wandering around lost again.  Krista has a deep wandering pedal steel in the song to go with that vintage voice.


3) Backroads - Johnsmith

John wanders around some of the same roads I walk around the Coulees of the Driftless Wisconsin area, and while he might feels lost he circles back home.

 still feel the urge to follow
I still hear that ancient call to roam
When I’m done, I’ll circle back around
And let some backroad lead me home


4) Lost & Lonesome - Buffalo Nichols

Buffalo puts the lonesome to a natural beautiful poetic blues.


5) I Might get Lost - Old Town Crier

This cd put out by Jim Lough got a little well deserved attention from Bandcamp.  He might get lost, but his vision is clear and has told Spotify To F**k Off.  I love Jim, and the song has a pop sense of a maybe a southern song from the 70's.


6) In The Dark - High & Rising

You just might find your way, but be careful walking in the dark.  Regional favorite, love these talented people; they got some fine banjo help on this track too.


7) The Saint of Lost Causes - Steve Earle.

What has it been 4 playlists without a Earle song?  Fix that with cover of his sons songs.  Justin Townes wrote such painful song of reality.


8) Ode to Billie Joe - Mercury Rev (featuring Lucinda Williams)

Ok you all know the song, but you need to hear the haunting version sung by Lucinda.  What was lost over the bridge?


9) Lost and Found - Chadwick Stokes & the Pinto's

Sometimes when you make a playlist you find music you need to listen to more... here's one.


10) Democracy - Dean Stevens - Leonard Cohen Tribute

Sometimes you lose you your freedoms, yes I'm hoping democracy comes back to the USA.  Please get the money out of our politics, and humans let's not get lost in that little screen or laptop and vote.


11) Sleepy Eyed Boy - John Prine

Where is that sleepy eyed boy, this from Storm Windows that I didn't own until after John passed.  Kind of like having great new music 


Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!