Dave's Music #58 Who did it better?

 


Ok a tangent for a Thursday... who did it better, the writer or the cover?

1) Get Behind the Mule - Tom Waits.

Mule Variations a Grammy Record


2) Get Behind the Mule - Hope Waits (studio is better but this is great too)

Absolutely love this woman.


3) With God on His Side - Bob Dylan

Of course Bob's songs never stay the same.. and this video is wonderful


4) With God on his Side - Kelsey Waldon

The vocals and harmonies make this not a Dylan sound, and definitely Kelsey shines.


5) I don't want to talk about it - Rod Stewart

Maggie May has always been my favorite... but here's a great song.


6) I don't want to talk about it - Courtney Yasmineh

I so love Courtney took time and licensing fees to create her favorite covers... that cd rocks acoustically, buy it.


7) Me and my Uncle - Joni Mitchell- John Phillips

Ok this might be a rabbit hole, I saw a Joni video and it John Phillips wrote it, I had to share Joni first, but it's not the cover I wanted to share.. so Joni then John.




8) Me and My Uncle - Calico Stray

When I reviewed their CD the mention of Judy Collins covering made it a mystery to me.  I truly do love the John Phillips version, but I think the thought the ladies doing the song make my spine tingle.


9) Okolona River Bottom Band - Mercury Rev (feat. Norah Jones)

This Bobbie Gentry records means so much more to me since Mercury Rev put his time into it.


10) Okolona River Bottom Band - Bobbie Gentry

Could be much more over produced, this thin intense song is new to me only because of Mercury Rev.


Hope you loved the journey.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!