Dave's Music #60 Human


Two playlists inspired by The Old Part of Town this one came from looking at the titles of the songs and saw Being Human and I said I bet there is a playlist in that, and sure shoot there is.

1) Human - Humbird

A looped human experience, influenced maybe by Siri's friend The Nunnery?

2) Becoming Human - Carolyn Arends featuring the McCrary Sisters

One of my all time favorite persons who I have yet to meet.  She has a heart of gold, the absolute best Christian musician, and a lover of Pierce Pettis' music.

You know Pinocchio had a nose for deception
And I think it’s understood
That you’re doomed from the start if you’re following a heart
That is only made of wood
And it’s the trickiest thing in the whole wide world
To be a real live boy or a real live girl

Becoming human is hard
It’s near impossible
Becoming human is hard
It takes a miracle


3) Being Human - The Old Part of Town

Shuffle in a little of being human from a 2018 release, it's probably a good train song, and being human is a four letter word?


4) Human Kindness - Willy Porter

Willy wrote a soft ballad and named his 2014 release after it.

human kindness is alive and well
where we will find it, no one can tell
wear it for shelter surround yourself
human kindness is alive and well 

Of course the kindness is enhanced with Carmen Nickerson on harmony.


5) Human Touch - Bruce Springsteen

Of course my library includes Bruce, and in the theme of the blog this 2009 release say is all "Music has No Expiration Date"


6) The Human Wilderness - Jeff Smith

Let's pick up the tempo with a release I bought on my birthday Bandcamp Friday May 2020... yes Margret Dave's taste does rock sometimes and roams the human wilderness.

See them in the car it's the same ever day
The three of them together Tryin' to get away
The girl is in the middle and she's about to re-marry
Two guys are switching places It makes life around here a little scary
And when they get off work And head for home
Half an hour later They get in the car and they roam
They roam the human wilderness


7) Only Human - My Politic

Connections... these people found me because I commented on Ira Wolf's music and she used to bunk in their house when she traveled though Nashville.  I wonder if we'll meet someday, and I betting yes until then I love when they show up in the playlist.


8) Human After All - Michael Logen featuring Ruby Amanfu

Now I have no idea what inspired me to add this song to the library in 2014, but I'm glad for it, and I'm now following his Bandcamp page.


9) Human Being - Miss Tess

The dang pandemic killed my house concert with her band as she was going to share music from this release... shit right?  I had to desperately convince her agent it was worth it.  Well the pandemic gave me time to devour her music, and you know what... don't wait for another one...get on it.


10) Rises in the East (The Human Experience Remix) - Kalya Scintilla

Now this might be in my library because my son shared the same iTunes password so that I funded his purchases. (right pay for your music and don't steal was always my motto)  I do love the variety it brings to the playlist very human.


11) Some Humans ain't Human - John Prine

Leave it to John to tastefully poke a finger at GW Bush.   Frankly if you never heard this song, take some time listen.

You might go to church
And sit down in a pew
Those humans who ain't human
Could be sittin' right next to you
They talk about your family
They talk about your clothes
When they don't know their own ass
From their own elbows
Jealousy and stupidity
Don't equal harmony
Jealousy and stupidity
Don't equal harmony



12) Precious Human Life - One Village Project

I have a many angels as friends both flesh and digital... one is Phoebe Hunt. She was a starter in One Village Project.  I loved to buy and own the music back in 2014.  I wonder where the disciples have journeyed off to?


Hope you loved the journey.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!