Dave's Music #63 Great River Folk Fest Songwriter Contest


As I have retired from 37 years at WinCraft, I also have retired from 7 years of being the Great River Folk Fest Chair, and now what's next?  Ha, why do people keep asking that?  Mostly I'm going to be doing what I've loved to do my whole life, and one of the things that includes is listening to music and sharing it with anyone who will listen.  So when the opportunity came up to co-ordinate, to sponsor, and to market the Great River Folk Fest Songwriter contest, I said yes.  I'm looking for to another year of listening to prime writing, new stories, and meeting new musician friends.

It's easy as emailing mp3's to the fest, but if you have a YouTube link with it share that too.  I'll be doing a highlight posts in Facebook and on the GRFF Blog.

To enter, click on either picture and you will get to https://greatriverfolkfest.org/Songwriting.html and you can enter as much as you would like. 


Contest runs for the whole month of May, and the top three finisher will play at this year's Great River Folk Fest August 27th along with last year's winner Siena Christie.







Here is a wrap up about the winners.   While both Chain of Lakes and Sam Robbins were Kerrville New Folk finalists in 2021, Siena, she was named in Kerrville's New Folk in 2022.

I did interview each of the 12 finalists last year, and here's my conversation with Siena.

And of course I have to leave you with my favorite EP from her Ice Olation.  I believe she does still give it away on Bandcamp, but come on give her a tip why don't you.




I sincerely hope I get a chance to meet your music in the contest, and buy some of it to share back in these playlists.

#GRFFSongwriter #Contest #LaCrosseWI #FolkMusic #Folk #Americana #Songwriting #SongwriterContest


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!