Dave's Music #66 Magical Shoes


Here's a playlist that my wife suggested, though she did want it to include boots.  After I got to 20 songs on shoes alone, I narrowed it to 15 and decides boots will have it's own.  

1) Red Dancing Shoes - Peter Ostroushko

This was on Lori's list, and I probably have three recorded versions of this song.  My playlist is from a vinyl I recently bought "Down the Streets of my Old Neighborhood" but this recording from the Powder Milk Biscuit Band is wonderful with harmonies.  Peter's notes on the recent vinyl noted the shoe maker in his Ukrainian neighborhood in the Twin Cities. 


2) Those Shoes - The Eagles

I had just imported this vinyl because I really didn't know it that well... than poof I had a match to a playlist.  This bootleg video from this concert is awesome and confirms that they still let Joe Walsh have his fun, but it was always constrained within their structure.


3) Flyin' Shoes - Townes Van Zandt

Wow... title track off of the vinyl; but this video is great to hear Townes talk about the process and inspiration of writing it.


4) Dancin' Shoes - Rachael Davis

Bought this CD after she played the Great River Folk Fest, and yes it was released in 2001 so it was a while back.  Still #GoodMusicHasNoExpirationDate.


5) Girls Shoes - The Chenille Sisters

Thank Discogs search found this in my vinyl collection.


6) My Father's Shoes - Cliff Eberhardt

This is such a great song about not accepting the background you are brought up in; I love my dad but he like many in his generation had some racial issues.  Some things don't need to be passed down.  Note this is a 2019 video but a 2011 song... obviously Cliff's fans know it's a great song too.


7) Shiny Shoes - The Pines

Hang in there, the shiny shoes reference is in the last verse.  Loved the fact they were recorded in a house concert, brought back memories of when I hosted them too.


8) Blue Suede Shoes - Jimi Hendrix

My version found with the help of Discogs was from the Live in the West LP, this is fun though.


9) Diamonds in her Shoes - Lucky Dog

Sure the only Bandcamp streaming link is from ME, no it's not a cover of Paul Simon's song it's about a street walker with diamonds in her shoes.


BUT just to let you know I did put a video to the song, here you go:


10) Quality Shoe - Mark Knopfler

This one didn't need a search because it's one of my favorites, plus it's one Lori had pegged for the playlist too. 


Now I'm stopping at ten because I'm a busy retired guy and most of the other songs are pretty obscure songs including one from a friend Kim Davidson Niemi who had a great country song Sky Full of Shoes that I have a digital copy of that was never released anywhere.  She should toss it on Bandcamp, right?

Ok I had another friend Erin mention that my playlists aren't easy to listen to because they need to have you click through out the songs.  So here's a minor solution that I'm mildly ok with... a YouTube playlist.  You should be able to click once and it'll keep playing albeit with commercials.  


Hope you loved the journey.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!