Dave's Music #81 Dying to Live


 I have longed loved the Edgar Winter song "Dying to Live", and while I have it on a greatest hits cd, I recently traded my doctor for one of his doubles for a Doobie Brothers double that I had.  I had already had a playlist of dying and live songs started,  so here are a few choice cuts off that playlist.

1) Dying to Live - Edgar Winter.

Inspirational


2) Live and Let Die - Paul McCartney and Wing

I just had to.


3) Bury Me Not (The dying cowboy) - David Huckfelt

I absolutely love the nod to Joe Hickerson at the beginning of the song, and I love David's more up tempo version.


This one is on Bandcamp to buy... I think I got my copy through kickstarter.


4) I Just Don't Mind Dying - Tough Old Bird

I do love the sound this duo, I hope they don't die soon.




5) I Live Alone - Teeny Tucker Band

Great blues to change the mood.


6) I Live One Day At a Time - Joan Baez

I have a studio recording on my playlist, sure is fun to see her play this at Woodstock.  You know Good #MusicHasNoExpirationDate  I also forget how pretty Joan is, no wonder Dylan had the hots for her.


7) I Love the Life I Live - Gregg Allman

You live in my head you move from a folky song to an Allman Brothers tune.




8) I Would Not Live Always - Allison DeGroot & Tatania Hargreaves

Now back to a tune from the 1900's love that they had a video of them playing this.


I got it on Bandcamp:


9) No Way to Live - Mike Ward

Now get ready for have Mike pull at your empathetic heart strings. 




10) A Dying Cub Fan's Last Requst - Steve Goodman

Of course if I have a chance to put this song in a playlist I do.


Here's the straight one click YouTube playlist.


Hope you loved the journey.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!