Dave's Music #89 Dance


Over a month ago now a talented songwriter Sarah Morris had fun with a cover of a John Prine song that she thought was a little obscure.  Ha she never stopped out to a Rose River gig, we had it in every gig. I love the video and it started me collecting Dance songs.  The playlist stands at 21 now and it will continue to grow.  Why don't we get you dancing... let's start with Sarah's cover:

1) I Just Want to Dance with You - Sarah Morris. Originally on German Afternoons co-written with Roger Cook.

2) Slow Dancer - Noah Gunderson

Yes we're starting a little slow.  I picked up this song in a compilation and loved the fact I could find a live cut video.



3) Baby Can Dance - Carsie Blanton

Picking up the tempo, and absolutely love the 2011 video, and others have too 928,000 views and counting.  Yes #MusicHasNoExpirationDate



4) Dance Gypsy Dance - Jim Post with Randy Sabien on the fiddle.

Floored to see a friend of mine used the song to put behind pictures of grandkids playing in the sprinkler; way to go Nathan.  You know my love of Randy's capabilities and he's at the top of his game on this song.
 

5) The Dance of Life - Lucky Dog

Speaking of fiddle players, one of my favorites is Jessie McDonald who played on my Bones CD.




6) For a Dancer - Jackson Browne

Late for the Sky, was released in 1974 I was still pining for certain dancer in high school, and somehow even though the song is about dealing with death it will always bring a smiling brunette to mind for me.  I was so happy to hear it in his set yet when we saw him at the Big Top a few years back.


7) Dance Like No One's Watching - Carolyn Arends

Yep, the best Christian songwriter that doesn't beat you over the head with worship and gospel, but poetically writes excellent songs.


8) I Love to Watch a Woman Dance - Eagles

Amen Glen Frey.


9) Slow Dancer - Boz Scaggs

Another all time go to for me, puts me in such a romantic mood.


10) Don't It Make You Want to Dance - Jerry Jeff Walker

We have to leave this playlist with a pick me up again.  Rest in Peace Jerry Jeff.


Of course ... here's a one click YouTube playlist for you.


Hope you loved the journey! You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!