Dave's Music #102 Great River Folk Fest 2022


So this blog post is my normal Saturday and on Saturday August 27th I'll be at the Great River Folk Fest, that I helped sponsor; and I was fest chair for the past five years.  Let's hit on a few highlights I'm excited about.

The Roe Family Singers

The Roe Family Singers are a Good-Time, Old-Time Hillbilly band from the tiny community of Kirkwood Hollow, MN. Led by wife & husband Kim Roe and Quillan Roe, the band marries old-time sounds from barn-dances, fiddle pulls, and county fairs with the rock & roll passion of youth. 

Here is song to bring it home:


With a great video too.


Eddie Allen

Eddie is my favorite river rat character who I can sometimes call friend, sometimes I just call him Eddie:


We had this video put together a few years back when Eddie returned to the fest for the first time in years.


J.E. Sunde

This will be our second time seeing J.E. since he was at the Storyhill Fest.  I picked up the vinyl with this song:



Echo Black River

Headed by an incredible instrumentalist in Josh Rabie, his band has been known to rock out a little; but he has an love for traditional music too.  We'll see what his set brings.




Finally I am most intrigued and looking forward to the Songwriter Contest finals, but wake up early it's at 11:00, the winner will get to open for Siena Christie.

Andy Baker:

He's not on Bandcamp but I bought his music from his website:


Matt Monsoor

Always rooting for this early Dylanesque tenor who has a gift for the innovative songs.




Stone & Snow

Yes this will be there fifth time they have graced the blog, so it's a good chance you know I love their music too.  Karen and Clint have a commitment from me for a house concert spot in 2023 too.  Maybe they are the angels I know.



Lastly the winner of the finals will open for our 2021 winner Siena Christie.  She's gone on to make the finals of the prestigious Kerrville Folk Fest and the Rocky Mountain Folks Fest; and won Portland Folk Fest.  For a slight statured woman, she packs a lot of might and emotions in her songs.



Yes of course there are more musicians, crafters, and entertainment.  Will see who I'll walk away with as being my find of the weekend.

Here's a one click YouTube playlist of the above less Matt's video (need to tell him to fix that made for kids selection)


I hope you loved the preview of the fest.  If you do make it, please stop me and say hi.  I currently look like this:


  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!