Dave's Music #95 Mile of Music / Dakota Weekend

 

So I know all my blogger fans are saying, "Dave where is your Monday playlist?"  Well it got sucked into making videos from this weekends busy music, plus family and church time.  Readers of the blog knew that I was going to see Taylor Rae for the first time after I added it to her review of Mad Twenties.  Well that's how Friday started after a great meal with our son at the Freehouse in Mspls.  We walked into the Dakota for our table (2nd from the stage) as Taylor was doing her first song.  I'll tell you it was magic.  We became A-Train members to get good tickets, and I'm thinking it's going to be a life long mission to keep it up.  It's the closest you can get to a house concert experience for larger names. 

The blog's photo is from my only purchase of the weekend; and yes I now have bought the release both digitally and in vinyl.  When you know where the money is going, and you know her future is bright... you just don't count money and I'm listening to the vinyl now.. it's the best way to listen to music.

Here's some clips I took of Taylor during the concert... 


Next up was Pokey LaFarge, and while I've seen him before in LaCrosse; his passion to entertain and play music is infectious.  I love the groove that sometimes can just not be pegged into a hole of a certain genre... my kind of music.


While we had family get together had a wonderful interruption to the weekend I felt pretty confident we could hit the Mile of Music in Appleton WI on the way home.  Well an hour diversion became a 3 hour blast of music I love and a new artist I'm going to love following.  The description I put in the video says it all:

It was on my list to get to the Mile of Music and then I forgot and bought tickets to Pokey LaFarge & Taylor Rae in Mspls. Add a 80th birthday party and a VBS commitment and I was sure it was a miss. Then I saw Miss Tess was playing at 5:55, so we devised a plan to stop and see her. Of course my nephew said, you have to see Dan Rodriguez, and we loved him and the walk in 90 degree temps was bearable. The walk back to the car took us right by Carsie's stage and OF COURSE we stayed the whole concert.


I'm taking on the challenge to make sure I also have a one click YouTube playlist available, and this playlist is a collection of videos of "Around Town" or even out of town ha... 43 videos strong as I post this:


If you think I was lazy in the post, I resemble that remark... next weekend might drain me too as I hit the road for another music fest.  Keep reading and following; I hope to introduce you to more new music.

Until then I hope you loved the journey! You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!