Dave's Music #123 Monday Stories

 


Ok this edition should be as easy as 1 - 2 - 3, but it's Monday.  I did have some fun yesterday trying to get my mind off of the Packer loss to the Jets (that should have been an easy win too) and imported over half of these songs from my vinyl collection.  I'll try for a few Bandcamp links, but these are mainly going to be YouTube videos if I'm lucky.

Here's the song list:


1) Long Monday - John Prine

Yep.. this might be the only song available in Bandcamp.  I love Oh Boy Records and they know how to work Bandcamp with their other artists too.


2) Home on Monday - Little River Band

I'm not a huge collector or listener of this band, so when it came up in my search of Monday I said hell yes I want to hear them in the list.


3) Come Monday - Jimmy Buffett

I probably own everything Jimmy has put out; love his description of the song.


4) Stormy Monday Blues - Rick Derringer with the McCoys

Of course I have the Allman's and other covers but I recently bought this vinyl and wanted to listen to it.  I love Discogs because I learn so much more that the album cover provides so many times.  On this one, I found out it was two old records and Rick changed his name from Rick Zehringer.


5) Monday Morning - Fleetwood Mac

Ha... I had this song in my library bought with an old iTunes account that didn't work, so I had to import it from the vinyl.


6) Monday Morning - Peter, Paul & Mary

This vinyl was pretty scratchy, and has mostly traditional songs, so this audio video is better than my playlist.  Wow I figured this was going to be a stretch to find this song in YouTube, it's a 1965 release and not a hit off the album.


7) Go To Work on Monday - Si Kahn

I have a few of Si's releases and when this came up in the search I thought cool an excuse to listen to a song by him.  Then when I pulled the vinyl up in Discogs, I found it had six voices including two I recognized from Red Clay Ramblers.  Next I figured it wouldn't be in YouTube... wrong, plus I found one where a trio was sharing it in a classroom for some reason.


The video describes as "Si Kahn's 1981 protest song redone with renewed purpose: prevent senioritis. LV with Christina and Pablo." all I can tell you is that they aced it.


8) Monday in the Mountains - Kate Wolf

I think heaven on Mondays must be wonderful... maybe go hang with John Prine and Kate Wolf.


9) Monday Somebody - Moonsville Collective

Here's a pretty rare 2013 release that YES is in Bandcamp to buy.  I'm not sure if they are still touring, but have a website still active.


10) Rainy Days and Mondays - The Carpenters

Yes I'll end it with a 45 I imported and won't be going to Mama & Papa's Monday Monday.  Many to choose from, but I think we're all lucky for YouTube and people sharing these gems from the Johnny Cash Show.  I have to say I did NOT know Karen played drums, and let's be real the audio sounds like the recording with strings and wonderful harmony (no mic on Richard?) but they are in perfect timing.  What was the audience hearing?


Well I hope this little jaunt into Monday, picks you up as much as it did me.

Here's a one click playlist from YouTube:


Click here to see the past releases. You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!