Dave's Music #130 Bluff View Treats

 

Yes, I'm a broken record (and as a collector usually it's more of a scratched beyond belief record) but I love to support musicians on #BandcampFriday  Ever since the pandemic hit, Bandcamp has picked most first Fridays in each month as a day they waive their fees to artists selling music.  Recently I was appalled the writer of this VERGE article was whining about paying $120 a year for the privilege to streaming unlimited music. How much more can people devalue the product that takes such effort and money to create and produce,  dang I have months where I easily spend over $120 on Bandcamp Friday ALONE.


Which brings you to my deal for you, my Bluff View Concert Treats album was put together to generate interest for the series, give my audience access to the songs, and GIVE BACK to more more musicians.  All the artists in the release have agreed to contribute to the list, and when you buy it on Bandcamp, I will ask you "Who should I buy with the proceeds?"  Yes Pay It Forward, do you have a favorite artists that you want to have more followers and income?  Just purchase our download ($7 or more) and tell me their name.  While I would really like them to be on Bandcamp, I would honor your request and buy from their website too.  I will shout out the purchases made on THIS POST in FACEBOOK.  Yes we've already had a couple supporters.

What's on the release?  

1) 13 Dollar Beers - Chicago Farmer.

When we sold out our Friday night concert so fast, Cody said how about a Thursday night.  To my surprise, we got 27 people for that night too.  This cut is his opening song from Friday night. Boy it was such a blast, many friends still talk about his concert; plus when he played LaCrosse recently I saw a dozen of my regulars in attendance.

2) Pray Tell - David Huckfelt and Benson Ramsey  (The Pines)

Again the opening song from their set, and the night became a memory for them since it seemed our audience was the quietest listening audience they had played.

3 & 4) Full Cup - Kelley McRae & Matt Castelein 

So many great songs from that night, but I loved the story before Full Cup so it won.  Yes, the banter or yada yada yada between songs is many times my favorite memories.

5) Time to Get to Zero - Beth Wood

Beth has played the house concert solo and with David Stoddard, this was her solo show.  Each time Beth comes I shampoo all the carpets because she's terribly allergic to cats.  And we've always had cats and one of our current ones, Hobbes fills the spot of TWO.

6 - 8) Clean up your Act & 3/4 Time plus the Nodine story.

David and Beth agreed that they loved the project and wanted to make sure both voices were on the release.  Funny usually David was the funny guy but I love Beth's funny Clean up song, and her harmony voice on David's 3/4 Time is perfect. Of course I had to share the Nodine story because Lori and I still quote it to each other.

9) Harley Davidson - David Stoddard and David Glaser

A house concert that will be remembered for one of the lower attended and yet a top ten concert.  Add to it David Glaser left us all too soon about 5 years after the concert.  The way the play this song together is truly priceless, just like how they "Practiced" it.

10) Teaching Experience with Mary Mack

I believe we booked Mary three times, once with Don Harvey opening, once Amanda Grace, and even had a full night of her and Tim Harmston.  She's a hoot; if you ever get a chance to see her, DO IT!

11) Heartbeat - Jillian Rae

Jillian & Eric did one of their first ever house concerts at our place.  It was special, Heartbeat is always been one of my favorite songs of hers.

12 & 13) Follow me on Twitter - Eddie Allen

Eddie kind of gave me the first idea for this compilation release, he said he would contribute a song to one if I ever put one together.  Guess what... I just did and this funny song is not available anywhere else.

14) It's Here Again - Christian Staehly & Pat Ferguson (2/5th of the Smokin' Bandits)

I love the intro on this where they said it's off of their 2nd CD, which they said good luck finding it, because they don't have it either.  These two are a local legends and the night was special though 1/3 of the people didn't show after it was rescheduled because of a snow storm.


I hope you consider buying this on Bandcamp Friday or any day.  Just think you buy it, tell me to buy XX and then they find out why, and buy the Treats release and tell me to buy YY and then YY finds out... now that is one heck of a folk music pyramid, now wouldn't that be both hilarious and revolutionary at the same time.

Click here to see the past releases both themed playlists and news.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here.  Find out why I do this here,  who I am here, and why I hate Spotify here.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!