Dave's Music #137 The Two Chickadee Project

 

Most of you blog readers know I've been running a house concert series since 2008.  It's a blast meeting new musicians and audience members over the years.  I'm not going to say there are never any hiccups, but I can tell you we have stories upon stories of happy folks playing and attending the concert.  

As a host I end up with two anxieties; first, saying no to someone who is a great musician but I either have a booked schedule, or I have about 6 - 8 people I've already committed.  Second, will audience come out.  Boy there are good conflicts any weekend I pick, and even some great concerts I have to miss after I pick a date; but with all this fluidity  (add in complexity of the pandemic) sometimes we get 20, 30, or 40 people of the reserve list.  The room feels great at 20, artist feels better at 30, and everyone's happy when we hit 40-50.

When I was talking to David Nash about his idea of offering a retreat experience to a musician ending in a house concert, I fell in love with it so much I decided to sponsor.  Frankly who has 50 chairs in their house to put out if it sells out immediately. 

The Great River Festival of Arts which is the Great River Folk Fest's 501c also decided to sponsor and take care of the donations.  David is actively pursuing additional sponsors, so please consider it.  Now he has the task to picking the artist, and he is armed with a submission process and rules. Boy that AirBnB cabin retreat in Norskadalen is cool too, check it out.    

Applications accepted through Dec 12th, and David has formed a committee to review.  With David and I having been past chairs of the Great River Folk Fest, we've networked a bit with musicians and he tells me has 9 submissions or promises of a submission already through Nov. 23rd.  I bet if he gets a few more sponsors this project will repeat with that kind of attention.   

Here is a donation that will be handled by the Great River Festival of Arts or send a check to Great River Festival of the Arts, P.O. Box 1434, LaCrosse WI 54602-1434; please reference Two Chickadee Project.

Or scan:




So who will play my house concert March 3rd, "TO BE ANNOUNCED" it could be you!




The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!