DBT #175 - Monday Morning Song - "Curious" by Erin Zindle & The Ragbirds

 


Yes I've told you sometimes I would wake you up on Monday and get you fired up for the day.

I recently started following and buying music from the band lead by one energetic lady.

I love the single's art, I do expect her to sprout wings and fly, kind of a gypsy angel.

Here's the Bandcamp link that I bought last BC Friday, she describes it as:

“Curious” is an indie-pop anthem; a declaration of rebellion against the fear of change, loss, old age, and death. It reflects a choice to face one’s own uncertain future with a different perspective; one that chooses to view life as a choose-your-own-adventure where we are endlessly empowered to make choices and changes.


Actually she does have some wings on in this video, and I love this young soul contrasting herself against people even older than me.  She's out of Michigan, so now that she's on my radar I hope to say hi to her face to face, you know, "I'm not of afraid" but I might end up a little shy.


Sing along here are the lyrics.
Vs 1. ) Check the tempo check the pulse - yes it’s still beating
Check the mail check numbers off the list - time is fleeting
Check the attic - where’s my mind? Dearly departed
How far yet to happiness? Further still than when we started

Chorus:
I’m not afraid of growing older
I'm curious to see where my story goes
I'm gonna choose my own adventure
I want to know the things that God only knows

Vs 2.) Pack the suitcase, twist the plot - I’m a survivor
Trade the reckless ego of my youth for something wiser
So much still unexplored, so much within me
How much time do I have left?
Longer if I keep believing

Bridge:
And if I die and the world goes on without me
Would I regret the things remembered about me?
And if I live to tell a good long story
I want to grow in the light and wisdom within me

credits


If you say to yourself this is great, but can I listen to more Monday Morning Songs?  Sure, click HERE.

I hope this makes the blog a little more accessible, and you get a chance to find music.  Remember even if these songs might not have been just released, #MusicHasNoExpirationDate it just sits on the shelf into you discover it, taste it, and fall in love with it.

Next steps if you have time:

- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!