DBT #181 - Mike Munson & Crooked Willow Around Town

 


What a great weekend of music... it was fun to host the first winner of the Two Chickadees project, Mike Munson. He's a nationally known blues musician from just up river in Winona MN. The Two Chickadee Project awarded Mike a week long retreat ending in the house concert at Bluff View.

Here is Mike's Bandcamp page: https://mikemunsonmusic.bandcamp.com/

And you can follow the house concert series here:

I got two great videos, the second one had a great story to begin the song, I put it at the end of the video.


One of our audience members was Irwin Videos who video'd and posted the entire concert.  While this is so very cool, I've asked Irwin next time just 3-4 songs from the night.  I love that the audience can enjoy it again, but I want people at the show to feel they paid for a special night, and not a night that anyone can listen to the whole show.  Every house concert I've hosted or attended has been special, it's my favorite way to listen to music.



The next night we had the chance to go see one our favorite regional bands, Crooked Willow at a very unique local concert series at Journey Lutheran (between Holmen and Onalaska)  They are a great partner of the church I attend in the ELCA.

Again I got the front row and did the video from my lap so as to not make a big deal, stabilize the camera, and watch the band as I record.




Yes, all of my videos are linked up in the Around Town Playlist.



The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!