DBT #227 The Missing Stair

 


Yes while I've been away from writing my three posts a week, I've been busy listening and supporting live music.  Hey it's summer, that's the best time.  You're probably not sitting around reading blogs anyway.

So I'm notorious for sneaking up as close as I can and shyly holding my phone on my leg or table to record music. I really don't like being the obnoxious one who holds up their phone at eye level interrupting your view. (plus my hands shake)  I do sometimes though, and I'm sorry for it.  I also think it's more polite to the artist, since they get it that people will record them; it's distracting to them as they concentrate on singing.

Ok that said, I now have over 215 of these video memories, and I would take them even if you never watch them.  I have a terrible memory, or might I say I deluge my senses and brain with so much that I need help remembering.  Stop over and enjoy any or all by clicking this link or picture.


That brings me to the title of the post, I ended up amazed that Phoebe Hunt one of my favorite musicians had a slot in the Wildflower Pavilion at the Rocky Mountain Folks Fest (yes I'll make a whole post about the fest) and immediately got in the front row.  She played multiple songs from her new album (not in Bandcamp yet but I bought the vinyl from her that day)  Here's one:


Then she brought a guitarist up for two songs and I at first didn't catch her name.  (old forgetful and sometimes can't hear shit)  They were wonderful together and I caught this song they co-wrote with Bonnie Sims. (right don't know her either)  Talking to them at the signing table I find out the guitarist was none other than Melody Walker who was the lead vocalist in Front Country. (and you know I love them too).  There are two more videos of Melody but I'll save that for the whole fest post.

The song I recorded was "Missing Stair" and to my amazement it was new, great, and somewhat viral on Tik Tok.  As of this posting it has over 800 views and 70 likes; not typical for my playlist but I love it. Here join the crowd.


After I posted this, Melody shared to FB the whole song here it is: (btw... please comment that they should make a band or at least an album)



Sure worth a google search to see what's up, and cool my video is the fourth on the page:


Of course as I checked the link later, I found Melody has added the video to YouTube too, I say like it everywhere, and keep those algorithms thinking about Melody, Phoebe, Bonnie and the "Missing Stair" 


Right I don't TT but I see 25K views on some of those videos.

I did see that the Folks Fest had a rule of no videos, so I did describe my illegal video as:

The missing stair is a metaphor for a person within a social group who many people know is untrustworthy or otherwise has to be "managed," but around whom the group chooses to work by discreetly warning newcomers of their behavior, rather than address them and their behavior openly. I think in the introduction I believe they said Phoebe wrote it with Melody Walker & Bonnie Sims. Find Phoebe here: https://phoebehuntmusic.com/ Find Melody here: https://www.melodywalker.com/ Find one of Bonnie's bands here : https://www.facebook.com/bonnieandtaylorsims Follow Daves Basement both on Facebook & the blog: https://www.facebook.com/davesbasementtracks https://davesbasementtracks.blogspot.com/ And of course... Rocky Mountain Folks Fest is out of Lyons CO run by Planet Bluegrass. https://bluegrass.com/folks

Now if they put me on a black ball list and refuse to sell me a ticket, I'll let you know.  After my other post goes viral, maybe they'll let me sit in those chairs close to the main stage next year with a "Press Pass"

Later to my amazement this reaction video was posted too, I just have to share it.


Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!