DBT #230 Drift

Ah... I love playlists and I have not been sharing the ones I'm enjoying as much as I should.  I will get back to my Saturday playlists soon.  Today on a Friday before a busy weekend I was in conversation with Jenna Smith from the Carriage House duo in LaCrosse when I found they were on Bandcamp.  I wanted to start tasting their music and Driftless sounded great.  Of course it got my curiosity piqued and I quickly found 12 songs with Drift, Drifter, or Driftless in the title.  THREE named Drift Away and all different (one being mine from my Dave Zeman days)  I hope you enjoy the journey with me, and let's see which songs I can find and where... ha.


1) Driftless - Carriage House

Beautiful relaxing music with harmonies and banjo and strings texture.

Carriage House is a husband & wife folk duo from the driftless region of the Midwest. Ethereal melodies and heartfelt lyrics wrap you up and lull you into an uncomfortable yet meditative calm.

They (Jenna & Jeffrey M. Kelly) recorded three singles with Ellen Thomes (violin) and Taylor James Donskey (upright bass) at Pachyderm Studios in Cannon Falls, MN

2) Drifter's Escape - Joan Baez

From her Dylan cover album I imported to my digital library this year.


3) Acadian Driftwood - The Band

Ahh... they were so good.  Here's the back story to the song.


4) Continental Drift - Jake Shane

Right, I've mentioned I met Jake in the pandemic first Great River Folk Fest songwriter contest back in 2020; while he was living in Spain. (and still is)


The YouTube playlist will have this nice stripped down duet.


5) Drifter - Derek Pritzl and the Gamble

Funny I own this collective because of Erik Kjelland and he appears later in this playlist.


6) Drift Away - Armchair Boogie

A little boogie from Madison WI


Plus you get a cool live video:


7) Drift Away - (Dobie Gray cover) Mike Berry

I have this Mike Berry album from a swap in Discogs.


8) Drift Away - Dave Zeman

Nothing in the YT on this, but I did load my 2009 home recording into Bandcamp recently, and yes I put liner notes per song:

Drift Away is recorded in a style with partial chords that could remind you of the Band America. I used a little knowledge of Rob and Sonya of how friends got them together, and weaved it together with a couple I watched at lunch at the Taco John's. I've written there a lot. I have a ton of stuff I love that never got into this cd... oh well buy it a lot and it will encourage me to finish.


9) Driftin Way of Life - Jerry Jeff Walker

From one of his all time best albums on Vanguard, I think it should be valued at even more in Discogs.



10) Driftless - Greg Brown

The master.


11)  When I Drift Away - The Mascot Theory

Erik Kjelland's top notch band from Madison.



12) Drifter's Escape - Bob Dylan

I'm ending my playlist with a bootleg early take, here's the final he published.


And yes I have a ONE click playlist for you in YouTube.


Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.



The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!