DBT #234 Monday Morning Song - Trempealeau Hotel by David Nash

 


My friend David Nash surprised us during a song swap at the Great River Folk Fest with a great new song he wrote last time he played the Trempealeau Hotel.  He named it the same, and I told him he's got to record it just like that, and don't mess it up (at least the first time) with instruments.  So he did, and I got it last Bandcamp.


No video this time, though there is a snippet on David Nash's Facebook page, but it was in a comment and I couldn't embed it in this post.  If this song makes you want to make a journey to my favorite bar and music place, I say just do it.  Here is there FB link and website.



So raise your glass to the river and the ones you love,
And the ones you know so well.
And I'll meet you by the water and the old train tracks,
At the Trempealeau Hotel

Oh, Trempealeau, my heart it flows in the river where you're sleeping.
And ever time I close my eyes, it's a memory worth keeping.


It did get me thinking besides Eddie Allen's infamous Trempealeau Hotel and John Smith's recent song Trempealeau, what else is out that in the world.  Well a trip to Bandcamp and I could add 5 more songs to my Trempealeau playlist; including another one by David Nash.  That will be a future post, but if you want to find out what five new ones I found, check my Bandcamp Page.


If you say to yourself this is great, but can I listen to more Monday Morning Songs?  Sure, click HERE.

I hope this makes the blog a little more accessible, and you get a chance to find music.  Remember even if these songs might not have been just released, #MusicHasNoExpirationDate it just sits on the shelf into you discover it, taste it, and fall in love with it.

Next steps if you have time:

- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button




The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!