DBT #254 Monday Morning Song "Nothing Else Matters" - Lindsay Lou


Lindsay Lou put out a great album at the end of September and this song starts it off right; gorgeous accompaniment including the only song that Jerry Douglas plays on.  This song means more to me because I heard the writer of the song, Phoebe Hunt do the song live at Rocky Mountain Folks Fest.  I do love the picture that Lindsay used on this single release.  Here are the words:

We were one long night We were one sweet morning We were all time I don’t need to live forever to know I’ll always love you I love you Nothing else matters We were young and free We were loud and laughing We were learning how to see I don’t need to do it over to know that I was living I’m living Nothing else matters If I go to far If I go too fast I could break my only heart I don’t need the world to hear me to know that I am singing I’m singing Nothing else matters If I call your name If I try too hard If I give myself away I don’t need to see the sunset to know that we have parted I’m weeping Nothing else matters We were one long night We were one sweet morning We were all time I don’t need to live forever to know I’ll always love you I love you Nothing else matters I love you Nothing else matters

Written by Maya de Vitry and Phoebe Hunt


The picture comes from this lyric video... she's such a sweetheart; and from my two times meeting her including a great house concert; she's like that in person.


Dang... I found a live cut too at a house concert no less.  Nice clean clear capture, boy I wish I would have been there.


One more... this is how I first heard the song in the Wildflower Pavilion at the Rocky Mountain Folks Fest Lyons CO.


If you say to yourself this is great, but can I listen to more Monday Morning Songs?  Sure, click HERE.

Hey maybe you want a one click playlist of Monday Morning Songs, such an eclectic mix of music, Click here and start Mondaying.


I hope this makes the blog a little more accessible, and you get a chance to find music.  Remember even if these songs might not have been just released, #MusicHasNoExpirationDate it just sits on the shelf into you discover it, taste it, and fall in love with it.

Next steps if you have time:

- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button







The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!