DBT #259 Guitar

 


I know there are no excuses for not posting on this blog if you are retired, but while I'm not going to claim the old cliche that I'm busier than now than when I was working, but I would lay claim that my full days are chosen by appointments and commitments that are life and love.  I do feel sorry I have missed a few Review days because artists love them; yet with all the music I own; I need to listen more and fall in love before I force a review.  So now the playlist and how I got there.

I will be posting soon a playlist edition that has all the songs featured on one of my new projects, the "Pete and Pat Show" for our two twin orange tabbies that we adopted at 8 weeks old from a barn 30 minutes north of us.  Today in Edition 14 I was editing videos of them playing with my guitar strings as I was changing my Taylor; then I added a picture of them in my case and my head went to my Hobbes.  He passed way to early at 7 years old.  I do take a lot of care picking the song for the show videos, and today's need a "Guitar" song.  Dang Taylor Swift's "Teardrops on my Guitar" reminded me of Hobbes, so the show had her song for a tribute.  This is what came out:


Dang watching it again I'm tearing up so let's get the the playlist.



1) The Guitar - Guy Clark

This could easily be in the next haunting playlist.


I do love searching for the song and finding a video with an introduction, boy this song is worth the whole playlist if you have never heard it before.


2) Teardrops on my Guitar - Taylor Swift

In my pursuit of learning more about Taylor (this song is from her first album and even has a banjo in it, still too much drums), listening to a classic break up song is now forever tied to Mr. Hobbes.  I know Taylor would have loved Hobbes too, and he her.


3) Bury Me with My Guitar On - Judy Collins and Jonas Fjeld

What a great song, and a few that has a quick beat in this playlist.


4) Me & My Guitar - Kinky Friedman

Got to love Kinky, funny I'm sure I bought this on Bandcamp but they might have taken it down.


5) Soft Guitar - Kenny Rankin

From his "Family" album, classic Kenny.


6) Your Old Guitar - The Dangling Participles

Perfect to follow Kenny Rankin, with some of the same guitar stylings.  One of the best songs was written on a lovers guitar... classic.


7) Voice of the Big Guitar - Tish Hinojosa

I've always loved the way Tish sings and writes.


8) Gamble's Guitar - Michael Smith

Here's to St. Augustine and Gamble Rogers.


And a story behind the song.


9) Acoustic Guitar - Genevieve Little

Not sure how & why I added this song to the library back in 2006 from the Avoca Sessions.  Very nice with subtle jazz tones; all I could find is this snippet.  Sorry.


10) Guitars Cadillacs - Dwight Yoakam

Classic I'm sure this has hit the blog before.


11) My Old Guitar - Greg Klyma

Yes I'm not going to share John Denver's This Old Guitar, so how about a Greg's wonderful poem.
My old guitar and me
Moonlit songs and memories
After all this time and so many near miss rhymes
We're doin' fine
My old guitar and me
Thought we'd go farther, whatever that means
There's so many ways to chase those stars
It's days on the road, nights in the bars
Where we go played
We can show ya the scars
We've been together so long we're family now
We know our song when it plays
And see the world in different ways
I was holding you when she caught my eye
And I turned to you when she said goodbye
So on a night like this
When there's no lover's kiss
Let's reminisce
We've been together so long we're family now
We know our song when it plays
And see the world in different ways
My old guitar and me
Yeah, we mighta made things harder than they had to be
Still work on the songs to get 'em tight
Might even try this one tonight
If it's feelin' right
And it always feels right
My old guitar

credits




12) While my Guitar Gently Weeps - Santana with India Arie

George would have loved this.


Here's your One Click YouTube Playlist


 Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!