DBT #268 Retail, meet me at the mall

This playlist came together quickly after I saw Moccasin Creek Fest post this video from Fargo season five with Shinyribs. We are so loving this season sadly only one more show left, and Shinyribs was a recent review but I didn't own this song yet. (fixed that, I might buy the rest of the album later)  I knew from the start the first and last song of this playlist and the rest was filled with familiar and rarely played songs in the library.


1) Poor People's Store - Shinyribs

What a great song, I have to admit Fargo's music editor is one of the best in the business.


Oh my this is also a great live cut from Austin City Limits, I'd love to see the whole show.


2) Shopping Cart- Tim Harmston

Oh when a good joke comes up in the search, you put it in the library.  What happened at Target Tim?  Sorry you can't hear it, but while I couldn't find that joke after I searched him this skit intrigued me.  We just got an Airfryer.  He takes that on plus exercise routines.


3) Abandoned Big Box Store - Charlie Mosbrook

Ok so hard switch from funny to immigrants leaving at an abandoned big box store, I bought this in support of Annie Bacon being on the album.  Don't we all have an abandoned big box store at a nearby mall?


Here's a solo video.


4) Liquor Store - Erin Zindle and the Ragbirds

Keeping it dark as it was written for a friend who died of alcoholism. Hey there's even a liquor store at our nearby mall.


5) Store Brand - Irondequoit Dodge

This song shows up in many playlists because I love it.  Hey even those mall stores have a store brand.


6) Dime Store Glasses - Evie Ladin Band

Yes I passed on putting "Love at the Five & Dime" --- yes when I grew up their was time when we call Woolworths that and it was at our mall.  BTW... Evie always has the best percussion work in music thanks to her partner witnessed by the video I found.



7) Down at the Country Store-- Dec. 3 - Evorgreen

I added this song to the library in 2006, I'm going to guess it might have been a MySpace download. So sorry I couldn't find it anywhere.


8) Store Bought Bread - Rick Thompson

A local songwriter who seems to only be on Soundcloud and not this song; sorry again.

9) Shopaholic - Lady Spruce

I believe this the melody going through these ladies head while at the mall.


10) August - Taylor Swift

During her Long Pond Studio Sessions, she said that this song gave her a chance to use "meet me at the mall" a line she had written in her note book many many years earlier.  While Taylor has been in a lot more playlists, it's likely only because I've been reading and studying the songs I have in the library so I'm catching the connections.


11) Dimestore Angel (feat. Amy Speace) - Sid Selvidge & Paul "Snowflake" Taylor

A 2010 song added to the library in 2013, and yes another choice of "Love at the five & dime" Amazingly I found this video from 2011.  Yes if I haven't said it before in a different blog post, I've loved Amy's music for a long time.  I probably haven't kept as current as I should be.  With Sid, he died two years after that video, and he sure was a great musician that I should know more about.



12) Bargain! Shop Panties - Little Miss Higgins

Ah the perfect partner to our opening song, and if this store isn't at the mall; it's on the way.  Hey know I'd love to hear Taylor's version... ha.  


You guessed it, there is an awesome video for the song; and yes she's on my bucket list to see live.


Here's a One Click You Tube playlist for what I could find:



Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!