DBT #284 April

 


Of course I need very little push to make a playlist, and in a Facebook group the administrator said, "Hey let's do a playlist for April" (or kind of like that..Ha)


Here's what I found without a search in Discogs to see what else I would have in Vinyl and CDs.


The playlist if pretty short and got my wife's approval as we went out to vote and shop yesterday.

1) April - Humbird

Not sure if Siri has written a song for all 12 months yet.


A pretty cool solo video that needs more love too.


2) April 7th 2020 - Chicago Farmer

Cody's song about the pandemic and losing John Prine.


3) April Come She Will - Simon & Garfunkel

Well it's mostly Art; plus when Lori noted the April theme she said, "April come she will".


4) April Fool - Michael Johnson

I'm just a fool for Michael's music.


5) April Fools - Rufus Wainwright

Not sure why I bought this back in 2011, but I love rediscovering it.


6) April Morning - The Finest Kind

Oh my the finest kind of harmonies are standard with this group; and I'm excited that Ian has put up all their recordings on Bandcamp. (I think I'm missing a couple)


YouTube didn't have the song, but this is a traditional song and I found this for the one click playlist at the end.


7) April Rain - Pat Wiley

My maple sugar musician friend.


8) April Showers - Siena Christie

Lori always says in the car, boy I love her sweet voice; whenever Siena comes on in the car.  This 2019 release wasn't in YouTube, but feel free to listen to this little concert from FAI.


9) April Snow - Bruce Burnside

A founding member of Lost Nation String Band, put out a wonderful instrumental album.  Yes I realize I went from rain to showers and now snow, but that's April in Wisconsin as it's snowing outside as I type.


10) Full Moon of April - Mark Henley

Here's a rare vinyl that I own; it truly is a good record though I didn't know why it was so valuable.  So I searched it; this blog was helpful.

The 1976 debut album and only album by American singer-songwriter Mark Henley, an ultimate rare album that only a very small number of die-hard folk fans have been able to enjoy. Songs such as 'Places And Old Friends', 'Full Moon Of April', and 'Strawberry Moon' seem to convey the warmth of a leisurely flowing river, touching the listener's lips and filling them with anticipation of the warm autumn sunlight. As the singer himself explains in his commentary, this is a message of love and hope that does not change over time. 



Sorry, the video was setup that it couldn't be added to the playlist.


Here's your One Click YouTube playlist for the songs (well two are missing)



Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!