DBT #286 4-20 Don't Bogart that Song

 

A playlist could be expected for 4/20,  but my inspiration was Alex Toast asking in Facebook for Playlist recommendations.  Well I read get off your butt and make a DBT Playlist.  So while I thought the title could be as simple of 4/20 but then I thought about "Get High Playlist" "Here's to Marijuana" "Songs to get high by" "Ballad of the Stoner", oh boy I settled with a tie-in to the playlist.

Yes I know and googled many other songs for the day, but my list has the big rule of I own it vinyl, cd or digital; no streaming here.  I was going to stop at 12, so you got some extra weed songs; pass it along.


1) Help Me Willie Nelson - Humbird

Siri does ask Willie, "Would you roll me a joint?" which goes along with Willie persona and Siri captures his wild ability to shred that guitar.


You know I love the studio stuff, but this duo of Siri and Pat Keen is an awesome find and it needs more love.  


2) Schedule 1 - Alex Toast

Well of course he came to mind (duh the inspiration noted above), but I bet he knows this one already for his playlist.  Alex is over joyed that his current home state of MN has now legalized pot.




3) Do Nothin Deadbeat - Joshua Quimby

Josh has a few songs appropriate to the subject but I'll just add one song per artist.  Joshua follows Alex because I met Joshua at Alex's house.  HA  Love Joshua's voice and he's no deadbeat.


4) Down Home Dispensary - Molly Tuttle

Love that Molly thinks the Republicans in TN would do anything smart.  Another reason why I believe Republicans have lost their way from principles of economic growth and now just want to talk about hate for immigrants.  I frankly love immigrants, I am descended from some of them.


I think she's trying to inspire 18 year olds to vote.


5) Beer Run - Todd Snider

Ha, now why would I put Beer Run in a pot playlist, these boys first get a cigarette that kind of smelt pretty funny.


6) Old Familiar Drunken Feeling - Corb Lund

A recent addition to the library ...


And if you want to watch the video, go to my review of his album:


7) Panama Red - New Riders of the Purple Sage

Ah my youth and the top class strain.


8) Talkin Ditch Weed - Dana Robinson

I sure love Discog searches... found this cd from Dana who played our house concert series.  (This song is not of the YouTube playlist at the end.)


9) Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 - Bob Dylan

"Every wants to get stoned" such poetry Bob.


10) A Pirate Looks At 40 - Jimmy Buffett

I read Jimmy never smuggled or dealt drugs, it's only a story in a song.


11) Illegal Smile - John Prine

I thank this playlist for inspiring me to import John's first vinyl to the library, yes the incredible first vinyl of John Prine had so many classics.  Sorry, I wouldn't give up this record for anything less than $100 and then I'd replace it again.


12) Don't Bogart that Joint - Little Feat

This vinyl somehow showed up in my library; and while I found the song in many google lists, I didn't realize how short it was.



I wondered about stopping the playlist at 12, but no I found some gems that priceless and needed sharing.

13) The Perfect High - Bob Gibson  

Right lucky find in my vinyl room, Bob's "Shel Silverstein" record and it's an all time favorite. 

Here's a link for Shel's poem is you would like to read along.


14) Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty

Tom's song "You Don't How it Feels" makes most lists but the only Petty CD I had included this classic: yes it has two possible meanings where guessing the later.


15) Got To Get You Into my Life - The Beatles

Paul's new love for pot created this song, and because it made many other Google Playlist it now makes mine. 


I hope this is as much fun it is for you and it was for me.  Here's one click YouTube playlist:



Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!