DBT #294 Dog Days



Of course Maggie the official Lucky Dog needed to be in this post.  RIP Maggie.



This playlist started with a conversation about "Gonna Buy a Dog" by the Monkees with my friend Kevin Paar at his 60th birthday party.  I'll have to pick up that song someday, but it got me tweaking a list.  I have a bunch of songs without going to the vinyl library, plus I left out "Men being dogs" and "Dog Days" about summer; though I still love the expression and it is now summer.


1) Dog - Tom Dundee

The absolute best "Gonna get me a dog" song, RIP Tom.


2) Cats and Dog - Head and the Heart

Nothing peculiar here.


3) Comeback Kid (that's my Dog) - Brett Dennen

I love this song.


4) Dogs of New Orleans - Lisa Bastoni

Loved that this great album had a dog song.


5) Dogs - Christopher Gold

Here's our Wisconsin's version of Steve Earle, and don't mind those dogs in the alley.


6) Stray Dogs - Susan Werner

YEAH, Susan had a dog song too.


7) A Dog Named Freedom - Kinky Friedman

Not sure why Kinky's album that I got this from on Bandcamp has been taken down; here's the old cowboy singing it live.


8) If Dogs Run Free - Bob Dylan

Not a song I'd expect from Bob; actually forecasts his crooner days in this talking song.


9) Lost Dog - Sarah Jarosz

Yes I have tickets to see Sarah in September; so here's a interview introduction with the live song.  Yep she's special and the September show is a bucket list one.


10) He's a Good Dog - Fred Eaglesmith

Oh my Mary Gauthier told a great story about songwriting with Fred during her concert at Moccasin Creek Fest.  I'd love to see Fred someday; maybe Bill Poss will get him back to MCF again.


11) Stray Dog - Amigo the Devil 

Ok I slipped in a metaphor song since Amigo gets treated like a stray dog; but he keeps it going through the song and howls at the end; plus I loved the addition of an Amigo song.


12) Through Your Dog's Eyes - Sage Christie (formerly Siena Christie)

Yikes, when you start knowing someone as well as their dog knows them.  I love Sage's perspective here.


13) The Same Dog - Paul Cebar

Boy seeing Shinyribs this last weekend makes me want to see Sir Paul again.


14) Loving an Old Dog - Beth Wood

Love Beth, and she is a passionate old dog owner.


15) Dogtown - Harry Chapin

A dark story from the master storyteller; an extreme loving your dog song.


Here's your One Click playlist:


Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!