DBT #296 Monday Morning Song - Annie's Place - Jess Klein


One of the songs that really gets me going whenever I hear it is Annie's Place by Jess Klein; so I was thinking I need to dust off my Monday Morning Song.  Ok why?  Let's look at the chorus: 

In a world of blurry lines

Broken rules and then dimes

Somehow you still held an Ace

Cause you could work it out

with a little bit of Wine

Mondays at Annie's Place

Yes... MONDAY's is in the song, and for me it's 10:42 as I write.  With retirement I work out weekends all the time on Monday.

Second, just the idea that Jess introduces it as a place to crash for musicians is what I hear all the time from my musician friends; the beauty of the road is really crashing at friends.

Then there is the fact I wrote a song that had Linda's place in the chorus too;  mine also was upbeat and positive about life in the middle of stress. (listen to it here)

Escape from the rat race, Take a left on Chase street, They're serving denim and lace, At Linda's place. They're serving denim and lace, At Linda's place.

Finally, Jess nails the melody, such a nice little rocker.  Yes I've only owned the song for a month and I've listened to that song over TWO hours alone.  Just this weekend I made a places playlist out of new material to the library.  It's perfect to pick raspberries by and yes I make more playlist than I post to this blog.


So I bet you want to hear the song?  Listen and buy it on Bandcamp here:


Here's her official video:


A stripped down acoustic version I taped at SERFA:


Of course we saw her at Moccasin Creek Festival and she played on the Main Stage with the Greg Klyma Trio.  She really slayed the night.


I hope this makes the blog a little more accessible, and you get a chance to find music.  Remember even if these songs might not have been just released, #MusicHasNoExpirationDate it just sits on the shelf into you discover it, taste it, and fall in love with it.

Next steps if you have time:

- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!