DBT #301 Slow

 


Last night after listening to Slow Lane by Admiral Radio, it felt like I should slow it down and create some slow magic.


So the day started off with some rain, and me still feeling the slowness; so I'll get some ambition to share it with you.

1) Slow Land - Admiral Radio

Loved this song when I heard it SERFA, had to buy it on Bandcamp immediately.


Here they are at SERFA:


2) Slow - Leonard Cohen

No searching required to know this song was the next song that came to mind, it might be because I'm old and here myself in the song easily.


3) Slow Burn - Erik Koskinen

Oh this is why I love doing these lists, it gives me a chance to rediscover gems from favorite musicians.


4) Slow Climb - Nora Jane Struthers 

Ok I can listen to more than just "Bike Ride" by Nora... ha.  This is one of the first upbeat slow song but not real fast now.


5) Slow Boat to China - John Prine

I've said this numerous times, I love when my playlist searches find a more obscure Prine song.

Go ahead buy it here:


6) Slow Food - Greg Brown

Oh while I know and love this song from Greg, I forgot I had this live cut with his banter.  All time best storyteller and observer of culture.


7) Easy & Slow - David Jones

I wondered if I would find this YouTube; David... lifting the petticoat easy and slow... hmm


8) Slow Down - Leslie Alexander

I love how Leslie sings; she's a musician I don't hear much from lately.  I believe I found her in MySpace and this comes from a 2006 Release.


9) Slow Country Dance - Mary Chapin Carpenter

Another great song that wasn't the "HIT" off the 1989 album "State of Mind"


10) Walking Slow - Jackson Browne

From "Late for the Sky" one of my top favorite albums.  Jackson has a pretty quick pace to the song for walking slow.  It's probably that pretty little girl's fault.  Loved the throwback video that was available for this song.


11) Slow Night - Larry Long

Larry came and re-recorded some of his favorite songs with a creative mix, and this was the new song for the album.  This one is sooooo well imagined.


12) Slow Dancer - Boz Scaggs

Such a favorite romancer that transports me hearing back to my teens and a crush I had on a dancer.


Here's your One Click playlist:


Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!