DBT #302 Bucket List July 2024

 


I was asked over the weekend who my bucket list of music would have on it; and wow I was stumped to name a few.  Then today I saw a post from Kelly Hunt and said to myself, she is on that list.
So here you go, my list of people I have never seen live that I would LOVE to.  Maybe Bucket List is fairly dramatic name; but I think this list is stronger than a wish list.  Two will come off the list within the next two weeks likely; Willi Carlisle at the Mile of Music and Bonny Light Horsemen at the Rocky Mtn Folks Fest.  Two of them were fumbled by their cancellations that we had tickets for; Allison Russell at the Water is Life concert and Sierra Ferrell at the Big Top.

Legends are fewer on the list than most peoples, but I do have Jason Isbell, Allison Krause, Norman Blake, and James McMurtryAbbie Gardner shows up twice both as solo and with Red Molly.  I almost put Lake Street Dive on the list, but really I'd rather hear Rachael Price in her duo Rachael & Vilray. If I never see Jason Isbell, then to see Drayton Farley would fix that need.  Not really sure what to expect from Amigo the Devil, but I'd like to see him once. OMG where is Taylor Swift on this list?  Sorry her type of concert does not excite me to see live, but I would do anything to see my favorite actor Jessie Buckley reprise her role in Wild Rose.

Lucy Wainwright Roche, Patty Griffin, The Paperboys, Marcia Bell and Matt Heckler are so intriguing to see while I don't know their entire library.  That leaves four that I almost could call my digital friends; Tiffany Williams, Wolf Loescher, Carolyn Arends, and Emily Scott Robinson; who knows maybe even an intimate house concert someday.   Sorry I don't have a playlist for you to follow; but if the artist has a Bandcamp page it's linked above.  Here's the playlist I'm taking on the road.


62.5% of the list are women artists; and yes I missed Jill Barber, Lisa Bastoni, The Shandies, Andrea von Kampen, Erin Zindle, Lissa Schneckenberger, Aoife Odonovan (prefer I'm with Her) and Sara Jarosz (I have tickets to see her in Sep), so I'm ready for the next playlist!

Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!