Edition #11 - Flyover Country


My first wish for every Dave's Basement Tracks is that you will reach out and BUY the music hear.. Spotify sucks to pay musicians and until they put a minimum royalty payback to artists for a decent reward for a cost of cd, until then I will continue to not offer them a dime. Ok that public announcement out of the way, let's talk about tonight's #appointmentmusic  Like the old days, tune in at Tuesday February 18th at 5-6 on Ocooch Mountain Radio we'll play this dang cool playlist.. hang on to your hat (of if you are Michael Jackson your crotch)

Ok the DBT starts off with a Dylan song or cover and since Chicago Farmer has opened up to Todd Snider many times, he should open tonight with some obscure cd I bought from Todd with all Dylan covers... (I don't know if it was licensed but Ocooch will tell BMI/ASCAP we played them Ha)  I choose two just for fun, and kept out of the library the one with the F word... Ha.

Chicago Farmer and Flyover Country is our featured and wow a great cd.  This Arlo Guthrie type singer from Illinois took his trade to Austin TX and recorded with a major chunk of Band Heathens and the result is #MidAmericana at it's finest.  All of the songs are incredible and we picked four for your enjoyment.  

How could I not follow Chicago with my favorite Band of Heathens song and another funny man Texan Hayes Carll.

After that I did my usual rare music theme and this DOLLAR$.. we start off with the rare cut from Bluff View house concerts, then stay in the dollar theme with Hootenanny Joe from La Crosse, Caitlin Jemma from OR, a great old tune from IA's duo that divorced unfortunately Mike and Amy Finders, and Jim Craig an old folky from Chicago.  A few dollars go a long keep throwing them at musicians, they need it.

I'm finishing the night with the two bands (Barbaro & Pat Ferguson) that are playing with Chicago Farmer in La Crosse Feb 20th.   Then Humbird and Seasaw are playing the Cavalier March 20th.

 It's easy to stream Ocooch, it has an incredible lineup and library.  Personally I love the Local MidAmericana show because so many times people I know show up in the playlist.  Read more here.


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!