Make a cover, make a friend.


Ok so we're in the middle of a crisis for musicians, and I consider myself lucky to have a good day job, and my music has always been a hobby.  I am in the process of buying much more digital music than I've bought recently; and that's from a man who has 42 days of 15,000+ songs in my iTunes library outside of the 2,000 Vinyls and 400 CDs in the back room.

So I woke up thinking if a musician really want more money from me, you could maybe think about covering one of my songs.  Selfish?  Maybe, but at almost 62 I'm running out of time to market my music, and here's an opportunity.  

How do you make money covering my music?  We'll first I likely still only know a fraction of musicians, and when you get my attention; you get my empathy and I buy music. I also promote it on the Ocooch Mountain Radio, and sometimes I'll even book you for the Bluff View House Concert series.

If I really got more than a dozen people wanting to do this, who knows what I'll pay out to someone who might get voted on by their peers.  Plus if you wanted to sell it you can use my lyrics royalty free as long as you tell people I wrote it.

Obviously many of you don't know my music.  The first CD was Gypsy Soul while I was using a pen name of Dave Zeman.   I followed that with Bones by Lucky Dog.  My YouTube Playlist of Originals, or just find a lyric of mine in my Writer's Blog and make up your own lyric.

It's not like it hasn't been done before... Pigtown Fling first did it to surprise me for my 60th birthday party:


and then the Merry Weathers group reimagined it:



My original with Jessie McDonald (Pigtown Fling) on Fiddle.



So if you are inclined, and ultimately want to make a long time friend... feel free to email a link or MP3 of your cover to dave@luckydog.band

Remember I also curate two shows on Ocooch Mountain Radio which is a 24/7 Internet based radio station, available on a smart phone app (Android & Apple)... and should be your companion.. just forget about that Spotify... they really pay artists less than Ocooch; other radio stations do...





The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!