Dave's Music Edition 2 Treats in Bandcamp

Last week I started a blog series to help me fill my loss of the radio shows since Ocooch Mountain Radio closed it's doors.  Last week was music bought recently, so I thought this week we would go deep into the collection that is around 500 pieces strong on Bandcamp.  This does narrow and keep out a huge library I own, but we'll have time for that later. 

First as my show always did, we need a Dylan Cover or Original.  Let's kick it off with Emma Swift who her bio says Emma Swift is an Australian songwriter. She lives in Nashville, TN with the British cult musician Robyn Hitchcock. She put a mighty fine Dylan cover cd.


Next up let's keep it in the 60's folk period with a Stephen Foster song that has been covered many a time, "Hard Times Come Again No More" this time performed by Andrea von Kampen that will be featured in the upcoming film, "Molto Bella." Andrea von Kampen both stars in the film and is the driving force behind its folk-inspired soundtrack.  I'm going to have to look if the film has been released yet.


Andrea was a find for me in 2020, what a great musician, singer, and lyricist.












Keeping it folky, an Archie Fisher song interpreted by Wolf Loescher  He has that great full voice, plays on a bouzouki and got a great tin whistle player for the song.  Another 2020 find.


Next up is a song I own the CD from seeing the Tough Old Bird at the Trempealeau Hotel, but it is Bandcamp for me to embed.  I own other music from them in BC, but this is my ultimate favorite song of theirs.  It makes me think that Dylan might have written it.


Ok I'm all about being eclectic, so let's get our groove on with Annie Mack.  What soul from this Minneapolis musician, I have to testify that this song definitely fits into some of the best music you can find; I am telling the truth.


I've been a huge fan of Matthew and Jill Barber from Canada, and I ran into a cd that they put out together.  Mostly they are excellent solo artists but have done a few videos together.  The cd is a great collection of covers and originals; I share with you the Leonard Cohen cover.


I heard Vivian Leva & Riley Calcagno play at a local coffee shop on a Thursday night as they connected a dot in their cross country and met up with a friend they knew for the West coast days.  They released a fantastic CD and many times you can close your eyes and think they could be Gillian Welch and David Rawlings.

They are sweet to watch too.


Humbird is a favorite mine with the fact she has played our House concert a couple times.  I even published one of the concerts on BC to listen or buy (Click Here) Recently she was named as a Kerrville Folk Fest New Folk Finalist.  They have good tastes I guess.








So if we ponder on her music, she really does have a good wealth of music in Bandcamp.  Since she is my feature in this post, here are two favorites.

Pharmakon is a bouncy song and almost as close as a love song she can write, and her attempts can be pretty funny just ask her.


Our set of music ends with a prayer story sung in an Irish tradition.  Postcards is such a song where I've heard her start singing it, and a noisy coffee house goes silent.


 I do hope you enjoyed the journey and buy some of their music.  If you want me continue to write these blogs, like, follow, comment.  Until then browse my Bandcamp collection to find new music and ask me about any of them.  



Past episodes:
These editions will feature music I own and using Bandcamp links are so easy.  Now put your music on Bandcamp and not that Spotify that pays you jack.  Follow me on Bandcamp

#MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!