Dave's Music #26 Pick a day

I do love playlists with days and I deliberately made sure I found new songs, rare songs, and favorites.  I doubled up on a couple of days only to make it to ten songs, so just three doubled up.  Keep in mind when I searched Sunday I had well over one playlist without trying.  Now pick your day, and trust your luck.

1) Monday in the Mountains - Kate Wolf

Before I choose this pretty obscure Kate Wolf song, I made sure I could find it in YouTube, and if I didn't find a rare live recording.  It was in my library because I imported it from a used vinyl I found in the last year.


2) Long Monday - John Prine

If you are going to double up on a day... Monday can be a long day, and John hits the nail on the head.  (PS I do love how John and Oh Boy is all about being on Bandcamp)


3) Tuesday Night - Samantha Farrell

Take a walk with Sam on a Tuesday night... a little jazz might happen.

Working late again
On a Tuesday night
And the train's running late
She'd rather walk than wait
Feeling trapped inside
An accidental life
Still behind on the bills
Is this how life's supposed to feel

And down a darkened alleyway
She hears the music play
Hears it play


4) Wednesday Night - Dan Bern

If you don't know Dan and you like Dylan with more funny lyrics, look him up; maybe on Wednesday night because he isn't dead...yet.


5) Thursday afternoon July 16th - The Bargain

These guys are my digital friends and not only just the afternoon a specific day, the day the music died and so did Harry Chapin.  I love these guys.


6) Thursday - Dinochip

I searched days in Bandcamp and found this gem from a duo in Australia. 


7) Friday Nights - Andrew (Andy) Hughes

A local reggae band leader of Tugg, he's got a great sense of outlaw country and loved to party on Friday.  I was surprised to find this song tapped at the festival I chaired for about 5 years.  I do need to talk to Andy and tell him to get on Bandcamp.


8) Saturday Night - Eagles

You wouldn't expect the Eagles in Bandcamp and the YouTube good videos don't have the time to spend a fantastic song from the Desperado LP... this guy did and did an OUTSTANDING job.  Enjoy.


9) Saturday Night - David Francey

The best night of the week needs to have two songs, and we move from the desert to Canada.


10) Sunday Kind of Love - Kenny Rankin

Surprised to see that the late Kenny Rankin does have a CD on Bandcamp, but it doesn't include the song that I have truly loved since the 70's, an old Etta James song.  Fun I found a video taped of Kenny live... wonderful.


Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp



The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!