Dave's Music #34 GRFF Laugh at it

 

Yes it's Throwback Thursday and today we revisit the Great River Folk Fest Radio show on Ocooch (Read more about the premise here.) It was a show that laughed at being the 13th Edition and it was also the Anniversary of Comic Sans.  Truly with the global tensions, the never ending pandemic, the high gas prices, and the lower stock market... we desperately need to laugh.  Let see what we can do about that, and you know folkies most of the playlist will likely come from YouTube.  They need to learn that Bandcamp could be a huge friend of theirs.

1) Adeline - Mike and Amy Finders

We return to Rich the only guy who has archived this husband and wife duo from Iowa, who have since divorced and gone their separate musical ways.  Adeline became a favorite of mine and we sometimes covered it in our Rose River band.  I absolutely love the twist and this song might have helped win Mike a songwriting contest at Merle Fest.  Yes their is one of those studio audio videos, but when I get a chance to see Amy's dimples I'll take it.


2) When I Grow Up - John McCutcheon

Yep... I'm looking to retire this year and become an old fart.  It is our second visit to this concert videos, great recording, and great tastes in picking music. While he's not on Bandcamp this song can be found on this incredible CD "The Greatest Story Never Told"


3) Naked & Nude - Peter and Lou Berryman

Of course I need to add this song to get a lot of hits for people looking for nude folk people.  If you saying to yourself has Dave gone mad who are these people? Well they are the infamous Wisconsin duo from Madison.  Incredibly creative, funny and yes a 12 string guitar and accordion players.  This is another song I love to cover, so you are getting a drift that I figure getting people to laugh at my music makes them more comfortable... so right.  You can buy it here.


4) Nothing's Real Anymore - Bob Gibson written by Shel Silverstein

Ok I could use an audio video again, but you know me better. I found this guy who covered it awesome and at the time of posting had 13 views.  Hey it folk music and he's wins!  


5) People My Age - John Gorka

Yep another old fart song, I resemble that remark.  I love John's introduction.


6) More Wood - Hills, Herdman & Mangsen

Ah while we're still in winter, I hope this rings true.


7) Bread - The Billy's 

Double entendre songs are some of my favorite, these two aced it.  Grab your stick and grease the pan.


8) Harley Guy - David Stoddard

Here's a MN guy singing about our WI made Harley bikes.  I do love David's use of physiognomy, you just don't hear that every day!  But you do hear Harley's coming through.  My playlist and the radio show actually played a cut from our house concert with David and late David Glaser.  It is so much fun, maybe David would let me release it to Bandcamp someday, until then here's a Apple link to find the song.


9) Rock that Sucker - Claudia Schmidt

You got to love Claudia's winter feel for living, "Pull it up, Back it Up, Rock that Sucker"  I'm sure all my readers down south have no idea.


10) Double Wide Trailer - Amy Speace

One of my classic go to songs to make me smile, you Amy "She sure is purrtee"  Because I made it through a whole blog without a single musician in Bandcamp, I thought I would add more buy links from the artist websites.  Looks like you can steal the whole CD that this song is on for $5.00


Hope you loved the journey ... remember to follow us and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!