Dave's Music #62 Always Saturday

 


Some of you may not know that this post will be the first post of my retirement phase of life.  Yes I worked at a great company called WinCraft in Winona MN since 1985, and now that I hit 64 I'm done.  

Since around 2008 I was also their designated spokesperson for the TV crews coming to see us produce championship product.  If you click on the photo it will take you to a YouTube playlist and you can watch me age.  Funny, I still have that sweater I was wearing back in 2008.

Ok now you know, so what does that mean for a playlist?  Well I've been telling everyone that when I'm retired every day will be Saturday, so why not a playlist of Always Saturday!  Let's get going.

1) Saturday - Josh Rouse

Yep... nice song and a rediscovery, I have no idea why I have this 2005 released song in my library.  And now it's new to me again.


2) After Saturday - Mark Henley

While I can't find a YouTube link for this song some of Mark's work is out there.  I imported the 1976 vinyl recently because the vinyl is worth from $30 - $80 in Discogs.  I tried to find out more about him, but even Google was a dead end, he did co-write a number one hit for the Oak Ridge Boys though. 


3) Another Saturday Night - Cat Stevens

Another vinyl import... I did find a video of him singing it live.  Cool.


4) The Ghost of Saturday Night - Tom Waits

I digital copy of a bootleg of Tom playing this live on a radio station on 7/23/74. funny his Bandcamp page has a different recording from a radio station.


5) (Looking For) The Heart of Saturday Night - Tom Waits

Again my playlist has the bootleg because I love the rawness.


6) It's Six O'Clock, It's Saturday (There's Not Much Going on) - Trapper Schoepp Band

Trapper does have a Bandcamp page, but this 2007 release isn't on it.  You know he's a good guy from Milwaukee WI.


7) Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - Elton John

Always makes me wonder how Bernie Taupin would write these words and Elton would magically make them wow; and you got to love that this video was just added in 2019 and has over 2 million views.  Now one more.


8) Sadie Saturday Night - Jean Caffeine

Wow... I got to 8 before I had the first female voice, and this voice from Austin TX is sweet and the story is too!

Sadie Saturday Nite was a mere 17
when she spotted a poster for the Nuns and Crime.
She walked up Broadway, up to the Mabuhay and asked them if
they'd let in a minor

Sadie Saturday Nite had to think of a plan
to get out of the house on a school night
She laced up her boots and made an excuse
She said mom, I'm sleeping at Julie's

Sadie Saturday, Sadie Saturday, Sadie Saturday Nite
Sadie Saturday, Saturday Nite.


9) Saturday Night - David Francey

This is the second time I'm sharing this song, but it's a favorite.


10) Saturday Night - The Eagles

Again the second time shared, but also a big favorite of mine.  Actually the last time I shared to a cover of the song, this time here are The Eagles from Desperado


11) Saturday Night - Matt Coleman

Allison Sattinger brought Matt to our house concert as part of the band back in 2010, and I've missed following him.  I see he's in Bandcamp... cool.


12) Saturday Night at the Hall - Chuck Suchy

LIVE from the Great River Folk Fest.


13) Saturday Suit - Art Garfunkel

An import from my vinyl collection, and if I hear a click or a pop, it suits me fine.


14) Saturday They'll All Be Back Again - David Wilcox

I had a chance to meet David when he played the Great River Folk Fest.


15) Sunshine on a Saturday - Beleza

I got this song in the 2nd Annual Alternate Root Valentine's Day Sampler.  Fun she remixed it and recently put it up on Bandcamp... might have to buy this too.


16) Holding on to Saturday Night - Evie Ladin

Continues the fun of Saturday and HOLD ON!

Let’s go downtown
Just wander around
Papa says I can’t go ‘less you go with me
Check out the clubs they got every kind
Deejay, metal, house, country line
Sunday morning turn out your light
I’m holding on to Saturday night.
I’m holding on to Saturday night.


17) Livingston Saturday Night - Jimmy Buffett

SEVENTEEN yes I had found the 16 songs with a search of my digital library or my brain BUT I had recently keyed in over 1,000 of my vinyl LP's into Discogs and found I can search song titles.  I was amazed and it will really make my playlists more eclectic in the future.  Of course these songs maybe more difficult to share and I doubt I'll find that many in Bandcamp.   Jimmy is out in YouTube and I found a great live video, and while I was importing this song, the next one on the record is Cheesburger in Paradise, we all know it but it wasn't in my digital library.  It is now and I smell another theme playlist coming.


18) Saturday Night - Earth, Wind, & Fire

I don't even know what record collection I absorbed that had EW&F, but since I got the record, it's now in the digital library and in this playlist.  Plus another cool video:


19) Saturday Morning - Harry Chapin

Really it's his brother Tom singing, and funny when Discogs told me Harry had a song titled that I really couldn't remember Harry ever singing a song with that name.  And he didn't, lucky guess maybe.


20) Cajun Saturday Night - D.L.Menard

Mighty fine!


21) Saturday Night at the Movies - The Drifters

This is the last one, and another cool live video... ALWAYS Saturday


Hope you loved the journey.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!