Dave's Music #99 Beer

 


As I close into to 100th post, I thought I better share a playlist I've been listening to and hadn't posted yet... BEER.  Yes it's hilarious I waited until 99 and it wasn't to play 99 bottles of beer on the wall.  So we'll BEER YOU a 12 pack of songs.. I have more so there will be another gift in your future too.  (btw the lady in the picture is an outtake picture from Linda in my Don't Screw it Up video - I'll get that song into the second 12 pack) 

Yes... you are allowed to belch between songs.

Here's a quick update on April 7th on NATIONAL Beer Day, of course I had to look it up to see why today.  Thank you FDR, leave it to a great Democrat to give us back our beer.  Now let's get them to legalize pot; you know the Republicans will never do it.

1) A Pub with No Beer - Audrey Auld-Mezera

Sadly this song was the reason I started my playlist.  I quickly got to know Audrey in MySpace and even thought she would be a great house concert artist after she moved to the states and home based in Nashville.  She sadly died of cancer at 51 in 2015.  While she has some music released in Nashville out on Bandcamp, I love that there were two videos to pick from for this playlist since I think she mailed me these cds.


2) Beer Run - Todd Snider

Our son Dustin's God Father, my nephew Derek brought this song to the family when Dustin was maybe 5.  Yep raise your kids right, he loved when it came on in the background. (love that he has so much in Bandcamp... buy it people if you don't own it yet.)


Love Todd's stories in concert, and he never gets tired singing this song.. he tells you that live.


3) I Drink Beer - Dan Reeder

Last weekend at Storyhill Fest I told Slade to book Dan Reeder, if I start to keep talking about him maybe someone will.  He was a little nervous about it being a family fest; oh well.  

i drink beer to boost retail sales
save those dolphins
save those whales
i drink beer for the revolution

hey batter batter batter hey batter hey
swing batter swing hey, swing away
swing for the fence
live for today
put your life in Jesus hands
shut your eyes just as tight as you came
and swing like a man like a man like a man

cuz
we are men
men we shall we remain
we shall remain
until we go home


I think this might be the first time I'm watching Dan... I've listened to him a bunch; I expected tall and thin but love now I have a picture in my mind.


4) The Body Guard and the Beer Girl - William Prince

I discovered and bought this artist during the pandemic in one of Bandcamp frenzies... nice to discover another great musician in Canada, per his BC profile:

Winnipeg songwriter William Prince approaches the big questions with humility and curiosity . Prince’s influences and references, from the gospel of his childhood to the pantheon of classic outlaw country singers, baseball and the great beyond, shape his approach to song craft, a masterclass in skillful simplicity 



5) Uncle Hiram's Homemade Beer - Dick Feller

Dick has made the blog before when I discovered he's now a she; whatever... this is a funny song.


6) Garnet's Homemade Beer - Ian Robb

I had to follow that song with this great Stan Rogers Barrett's Privateers parody.  He's got some music on Bandcamp, but not this one, sorry. 


7)  Lonestar Beer and Bob Wills Music - Red Steagall

A recent 1980 vinyl purchase and I imported this great song among others to the digital library. 


8) Outlaws & Lone Star Beer - C.W. McCall & Co.

Ha.. I think he wrote this as an answer to the previous song, so let's do it back to back. Yep I own the vinyl and it was released in 1979.  A good time to stop and remind you that Good #MusicHasNoExpirationDate


9) The Man who waters the Worker's Beer - John Roberts & Tony Barrand

Such a sad tale, another sea shanty type song.  I remind you my tastes are pretty eclectic.


10) Whiskey and Beer - Ron Trueman-Border

I got this song into the library from a Folk Alley download.  Here's a rare Reverb Nation link you can click and listen to the song I'm listening to and give it up to YouTube to have another rare video:


11) Bubbles in my Beer - Willie Nelson

A tip of the hat again to Bob Willis who wrote this song! (Got to love Discogs for the quick confirmation of that)  Of course if you didn't know that you would have wondered about Willie using the Texas Swing style to the song.  Yes my playlist version has many more hisses, scratches and pops to this clean YouTube audio.


12) I Like Beer - Tom T. Hall

A must for all beer playlists and it's so much fun to see him live singing it.


13) 13 Dollar Beers - Chicago Farmer

YES for National Beer Day, I added a lucky 13th song; fitting because I was surprised this gem from Chicago Farmer was not in the playlist.


And yes, here is your one click YouTube 13 pack playlist, with a few fixed links too.




Yes Monday's post will be 100 and it will be on Friends, I just don't know exactly what will be the thread yet.  I hope you loved the journey! You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!