Dave's Music #106 Labor Day Weekend 2022

 


This weekend was a beautiful weekend in the upper midwest; sunny with a hint of fall in the air at night.  Yes I know I didn't make my Monday post again because we were out and about to the Water is Life Festival in Duluth MN.  First the weekend started as normal, Lori selling her jewelry at the Cameron Park Farmers Market on Friday night.  After I help her get setup I normally take a walk to get a beer, this time it was at the Grounded Cafe and I could enjoy music with my beer.  Dylan Harris is a fine regional artist, I'm glad I had a chance to see him for the first time.  I'd stop again to hear him, here's a pretty unique cover of a Carole King song.

We had evening plans for a Labor Day picnic and bonfire with friends Saturday night, but I had a window to run out to the Trempealeau Hotel for a beer to hear a solo cellist that intrigued me; Auralai.  Really enjoyed the time I was there, and will be buying some of her music so she can be found in future playlists.
I did start following her on Instagram and she posted how much she fell in love with the Driftless area; pretty sure she'll be back.


Water is Life Festival was everything I was hoping for and more; (with a slight less).  First the less, send some healing prayers and vibes to Allison Russell, sadly the 3x Grammy nominated singer needs some healing time for those incredible vocal pipes.



Duluth was a beautiful place to host this socially charged festival.  Water is Life is a mission of native lead "Honor the Earth" organization.  You may argue with their methods but their mission is as true to the future as any religious organization that wants to save our souls.  Their mission is more to save the planet and it will provide us life back.

Here's a 12 minute recap of the day and artists that I truly admired hearing.  I missed taking a video of Gaelynn Lea, and could have taped some all of the music of some of the artists, but then you're not watching and enjoying.


I did post two more memories of Ani DiFranco and the Indigo Girls, not that they need a lot more shouting out for promotion.  They were wonderful.



If you made it down this far, I would love if you visited my Zeman's Musings blog to read a secular hymn I wrote to honor Water is Life, to the Christian tune Beach Spring. 

Mother Earth, listen to us

We're protectors calling you

Oh our brothers are misguided

They need your wisdom to pull us through

Water is life we all know that

Sacred as the morning sun

Still we hide ourselves in sin

Ignoring all that we have done.  Read the rest here.  I did have a chance to record a video and added it to this post after initial publication:


The the next day I had a chance to record some layers to it and put it on Bandcamp.  Any proceeds will be forwarded to the Honor the Earth


I am rededicating my fall to a focus on writing; this Zeman's Musings blog is for the pieces that are mostly finished.  (no writer ever is truly finished, they tend to stop first)

I promise I will be back to writing about my themed playlists again, and Thursday's release review has been started.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp @newmusic

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!