Dave's Music #127 Love Stories Vol 1


I wanted to pull a dozen of some of the new music in the library and love stories aren't they universal?  I easily found them though at the end I reached into my FARM playlist to find some voices I just heard too.  Since this is FARM heavy, I found a love story brewing picture from a country farm to set the stage.  I hope you find a new song or artist in this list.  I love to listen to a good story and I love all these musicians and what they bring to us.

1) Old Fashioned Way - Storyhill

This song written for a girl friend of the two of them, interesting.  This unique metaphor of religion always makes me listen and say, "what did they just say" Paul was gay, they cured him? Ok this rare cut comes from the VIP Concert Thursday night where about 40 of us requested and listened in a large gazebo to a mighty fine concert.  Unbelievable they made it available in Bandcamp.  It was a great summer memory attending Storyhill Fest.


Plus this was the one song I recorded that night:


2) Love Save Me - Nikki Morgan

Quickly after FARM, I had bought Nikki's live EP where she introduces this song as "wrote it after a particular slutty summer"... oh my both versions are good and here's the studio one I bought the day I bought Nikki's entire library as a gift back to her to cheer her up after she posted that she survived a rollover.  Go ahead, buy some music from Nikki, you'll be happy too.


Back to the song... Oh my one could get in the mood just reading her lyrics:

Well if you're running from the answers
I'll give you one good place to hide.
Just rest your head upon my shoulders
or your legs between my thighs.
I decided it don't matter
I'll take whatever makes you mine;
And we'll keep lying here together
like we've slowed the hands of time.

Now, we can fuck and call it Love,
say how good it makes us feel.
Or we can walk across the fire
towards the only thing that's real.
See, I got plenty road before me
but I think I'll stay off track
'cause I would rather bare the journey
than to dread the looking back.

Love Save Me
Love Save Me
Love Save, oh save my soul.


3) More Love - Robin Bienemann

Robin was a wonderful find at FAR because he fits my love for witty songs, and his wife Jenny makes his choruses sounded so pretty.  More love in the world is good, right? After the last song, let's keep this post a little horny: (God I love it when artist put up their lyrics in Bandcamp)

When a man sees a man and can’t help but imagine him
Stripped to his blue jeans, bare chest and abdomen.
Or when a woman fancies a pretty girl,
The nape of her neck so perfectly vertical,
Her hips so round she can imagine her hands on them.



And you get a chance to see them live too, stick to the end to hear what Jenny is giving up for lent.


4) Ecstacy - Megan Bee

I was thrilled to know that I had this song on the album I bought of hers, she did the song at FARM but I didn't catch the title.  I might have call it "Without the drugs next time...."  Here's the last verse:

You were on a morphine drip after your big accident
You were on some pretty strong drugs you took them like a sacrament
I was sitting by your hospital bed you said you could see inside my head
And on you face was a big ridiculous smile

And I want to see you smile that way again sometime
I want to see you smile that way next time maybe without the drugs next time


5) Thank You - Audra Nemir

Here's a song from someone I didn't see this year... can you believe it?  I did see her a few years back in her group Five Letter Word.  This is a great love story to friends.

You were there when I was weary, when I had no will to fight
When it was so dark I couldn’t see an ending to the night
I’ve gathered up my forces, got the strength to carry on
But thank you for staying with me in the hour before the dawn


6) Who Will You Love - Jake La Botz

Jake begs the question, and you know we're all hoping it's us.  No I haven't seen Jake this year... a couple years back at the Great River Folk Fest... I made sure he was booked to a song swap so I could meet him, ha.


7) Desert Island Companion - Siena Christie

Yes back to FARM, and this favorite song written by Siena about living with her wife during the pandemic.  Now after hosting Siena for a few days, I think the song might be written for her love of Mexican food.  (cannibalism followed by chewing away at each other.... PRICELESS)  

smell of onions and cilantro, follow our noses... mmm, tacos
if food supplies run out there's always cannibalism, I suppose
but we've been chewing away at each other enough
the past few million years or so

BTW... this song won't be in the YouTube playlist at the end.

8) The Thing about Mountains - Jaspar Lepak

Loved compared to the solid image of mountains in an upbeat sing along song, I know we moved from a deserted island to a mountain, that's the segue life you expect in a Dave's playlist.  Hey Yes I did see Jaspar at FARM too.


Cool I found a house concert recording of Jaspar for the YouTube playlist:


9) I love You So (So) - Joy Zimmerman

I'm not sure this is a total admiration of her love, but I'm going to say yes.  Linda looked pretty happy when I met them both at FARM.  I still need to get Joy to have her music in Bandcamp and not just on her website, but did find this audio video for you.


10) Lombardi Avenue - Katie Dahl

Hey when it comes to the Packers, it's a love story that I've lived with since I was maybe 7.  Lots of smiles and plenty heart break.  Yes I had a chance to see Katie at FARM and this song isn't out in Bandcamp either to buy; I think I got it off her website.  You can listen to her singing it on Super Bowl Sunday:


11) How I Want to Love You - Sarah Morris

Yes another great segue, we move to a love song to Green Bay to Sarah comparing her love for Minnesota as a perfect comparison to the love she has for you, or me?  Ha, yes she is a sweetheart that I have a chance to meet finally face to face at FARM.

Wide open - The Minnesota summer sky
On and on - The rows of corn in late July
That’s how I want to love you
That’s how I want to love you

Down deep - The sand, the soil, the rock below
Overflowing - the harvest rushing up the silo
That’s how I want to love you
That’s how I want to love you


And fantastic studio video of her singing it.


12) Love is a Weapon - Stone & Snow

Love can be a noun that can be used wound us. Yes of course I met Karen & Clint for the third time this summer at FARM.

I know I can be a little overwhelming
It’s hard enough already to make it through
But that’s the price I figure I’m paying
To have my muse, to know your name

I don’t wanna lose you, If​ I don’t have to
But sometimes I think the earth is gonna
Open up and swallow you whole
Love is a weapon, See if you can use it
‘Cause I don’t wanna fight like this anymore
I don’t wanna fight



Wow... a video for the song, they had two of them... the official studio version with Karen in a sultry black dress in a field, and a great acoustic version.  Dang to hard to choose, you get them both.



Wow... there's a dozen of great stories, and a great playlist of musicians I've met which is a love story to seeing live music.  I hope you catch that arrow from cupid and get your fanny out to see some music.  Until then you could listen to this one click YouTube playlist: (all but Siena's Desert Island Companion)


For first timers to the blog click here to see the past releases. You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here.   Find out why I do this here,  who I am here, and why I hate Spotify here.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!