Dave's Music #155 Flashback Friday - The Zemmy Awards

 


I admitted back in Edition No. 13 that I was not completely new to music blogging.  My old blog was sort of a spoof of a variety show with fake sponsors, The Zemmy Show has 805 posts and nearly 100k views.  Frankly blogger might have gotten rid of my posts before 2009 because this one in Jan 2009 doesn't look like it would have been the first; but I love that I gave Allison Sattinger a shout out as a sponsor.  Truly no money was ever exchanged for this honor. 

So for a flash back, let me tell you that I did infrequently also gave out annual Zemmy Awards (BTW Zemmy came from my stage name Dave Zeman at the time.  Zeman was my Grandma's maiden name and harkens back to my Bohemian heritage.)

So here's a few snippets from past Zemmy Awards. (Hey Google didn't delete my 2007 post in this blog proving my other blog did go back to 2007.)

How about my love with Kendel Carson, she routinely shows up in my awards including back in 2009.  I still love her, I just don't see her releasing as much music.



I still love The Paperboys and here's the video in the picture, btw I'm still waiting.


I would make up categories just to give a shout out, like for my still friends Kim Davidson Niemi  (who is now an actor too) and Samantha Farrell


Then there was the infamous Sometymes Why and their explicit song that had both Kristin Andreassen and Aiofe O'Donovan (yes I loved her before she was nominated for a Grammy)  Yes Aoife doesn't shout it, but that it the F-Word followed by Suck to rhyme in the next line.  While you can find the video here in the 2009 Zemmy Awards, I found an even better version of "Too Repressed"  with Chris Thile on lead mandolin that I just had to share.  Again Aoife is discreet on the volume of the F-word 



I do miss Sometymes Why... I was a big fan even made them a release video to learn how to use iMovie:


Ok before famous, how about Sarah Jarosz and Amanda Shires?  See I always love the artists on their way up the ladder.


I do like the final post I made in these awards and just might bring this back... favorite videos of the year was done as the 2013 Awards... surprisingly some have been taken down.

Finally you can't have an awards program without judges... really until cannibas was legal in some states I had done any drugs other than liquor since high school even though after seeing this picture you may wonder.  


 I know you are all wishing that I had come up with a clever award name for Dave's Basement Tracks top awards... who knows the Zemmy Awards might just come back.

Don't worry your normal blog post will resume on Saturday.... 


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!