Dave's Music #162 Tri State IL, WI, IA

 


Today we revisit the State song theme, and my promise would be not to repeat songs from Route 1 and Turn Two, plus I wanted a theme so I came up with Tri State.  We're going to keep it equal nods to Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa.  Some really favorite songs are in here, and some I didn't know that well until I made this playlist.

Now while the picture does show a view of MN, that will take a turn later, because IL and IA had much better songs. 

Here's the cds in the list, and of course for January they are frozen in ICE.


1) Fields of Illinois - Don Lange

One of my favorite love songs.


2) Illinois Anthem - Chicago Farmer

Beware of beach blonde surfer boys.


3) Illinois Blues - Mike Munson

I've got studio vs live blues here for you.  Looking forward to Mike playing my house concert series, March 3rd.



4) Northern Wisconsin Boy - Courtney Reynolds

Not sure why this was added to the library back in 2020, but it's a sweet song.  I believe she might go by Courtney Jean now. 


5) Up in Wisconsin - Peter & Lou Berryman

Of course, so many truths in this song, "Bar on every corner" or "With our beer and our crackers we sit down and watch the Packers"


6) Rivers of Wisconsin - Roxanne and Dan Keding

I figured this rare folk vinyl wouldn't be anywhere but David Drake did cover it.  Funny Dan Keding and him both took credit for updating Rivers of Texas to Wisconsin.


7) IOWA - Donovan Woods & Aoife O'Donovan

This song has graced my favorite song list in 2021.  This time I found this great live video, it ain't Kimmel or the Late Show, but it's just as good.



8) Iowa - Dar Williams

Oh my Dar sings so beautifully about Iowa for a girl born in New York.


9) The Iowa Waltz - Greg Brown.

Now this was actually the best closer, a lovely waltz from a guy who was born, raised and still lives in Iowa.   Now this is too precious not to share first, even a Spanish verse:


And while you can find a studio version video out there, I have to finish with these two legends


Here's your ONE-Click YouTube playlist:

Click here to see the past releases. You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here.  Find out why I do this here,  who I am here, and why I hate Spotify here.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!